Man these guys really like to make predictions...

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
2032, 2037, 2041, now 2052....Those folks that we are paying to sit in those cozy D.C. offices sure are having fun crunching our numbers, are they not?

In 2000, the system's actuaries thought the assets of this fund would be exhausted by 2032. Two years later it was 2037. Now the projected exhaustion date is 2041.
Meanwhile, the Congressional Budget Office, which makes these projections as well, recently thought the system will remain solvent until at least 2052.

False-Alarm: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

2032, 2037, 2041, now 2052....Those folks that we are paying to sit in those cozy D.C. offices sure are having fun crunching our numbers, are they not?

False-Alarm: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

The answer is really simple, the more they lie about the inflation rate, the longer it lasts. Pretty soon they'll be raising SS benefits! Chicken bones in every pot? :D

When is everyone going to wake up? Sorry, back on the CPI thing.

The answer is really simple, the more they lie about the inflation rate, the longer it lasts. Pretty soon they'll be raising SS benefits! Chicken bones in every pot? :D

When is everyone going to wake up? Sorry, back on the CPI thing.

Have you written your congressman yet?

Oh the one who wants to raise capital gains to 28% bama. Bah I thought you were a Crimson Tide fan. Pitty.

Sorry, now I didn't say I liked him, just said he's got my backside. If anyone can solve the inflation reporting problem I'd say "yes he can" :rolleyes:

Bah inflation is fine. Only 4%

Whatever u say. Around 9% of the country agrees with you. That's about 1 out of 11. Even 4 out of 11 think Bush might know what he's doing. It must be a lonely feeling.

Whatever u say. Around 9% of the country agrees with you. That's about 1 out of 11. Even 4 out of 11 think Bush might know what he's doing. It must be a lonely feeling.

No my tin foil keeps me warm does yours?

Sold it. I put it up on ebay. It started a huge bidding war. 9% just had to get some.

Back
Top Bottom