Market timing

ducky911

Recycles dryer sheets
Is it " market timing" if I wait a day to fill the gas tank?

It would be "bad timing" if your tank runs dry, and you have to walk to/from the gas station with a gas can dangling at the end of your arm.

I burned more than 1,000 gallons of gas in our RV trip earlier this year. The price in the US was about $1 more per gallon then, and up in the Canadian Maritimes and Quebec the price was as high as $5/gal. But I could not wait forever to make the trip. Life's short, and waiting is too risky.

Last edited:
It'd be "perfect timing" if your tank runs dry tomorrow.

Keep filling up $5 at a time until I see oil go back up. :)

Sure - but when it comes to any consumables or big ticket items, you are wise to market time. Waiting for loan rates to come down, waiting for food to go on sale, waiting for a deal on air fares, tour tickets or that cruise,…..

Gas dropped 10c a gallon since I filled up 3 days ago.

Last edited:
... which is hard, because I think pretty girls do not hang out in grocery stores.

It is.

Before the recent steep drop, the gas price moves like a curve. It keeps dropping a few cents in a day or two for a week or two, then suddenly it goes up 30 cents, then resumes the daily dropping again, and repeats the cycle.

Market timing is figuring out when the pretty girls are in the grocery.

... which is hard, because I think pretty girls do not hang out in grocery stores.

Oh, I'm often distracted, find myself walking out of the produce section, then looking at my list - carrots! forgot the carrots! :LOL:

I've thought about getting more scientific about this, logging distractions versus time of day, day of week, etc. I'm guessing that just after normal working hours is the best time, but this will require much more research. Trader Joe's seems to have the highest ratio of attractive, nicely dressed, upscale looking women in my unscientific study.

And DW wonders why I never mind stopping at the grocery store while I'm out. :angel:

-ERD50

I'd wait until tomorrow if I were you. I filled up my Honda this morning and ended up with 2 pending charges on my credit card. The correct one for $30 and one for $160.

Sure they do, they have to eat too. All too often though they're hidden by the, um, (gotta be careful here) ones who are, shall we say, not candidates for a Victoria's Secret catalog.

Oh, I'm often distracted, find myself walking out of the produce section, then looking at my list - carrots! forgot the carrots! :LOL:

I've thought about getting more scientific about this, logging distractions versus time of day, day of week, etc. I'm guessing that just after normal working hours is the best time, but this will require much more research. Trader Joe's seems to have the highest ratio of attractive, nicely dressed, upscale looking women in my unscientific study.

And DW wonders why I never mind stopping at the grocery store while I'm out. :angel:

-ERD50

I have noticed this also, since I don't have a Trader Joe in Hawaii, I visited them in San Jose, Alameda, Fremont,CA, Medford Oregon, and Las Vegas Nevada and definitely noticed that is the store not the location.. I suspect that Whole Foods customers have similar attributes, but Whole paycheck offends by LYBM, so I get distracted by the crazy high prices.

Still in Dec. the best places to girl watch are beaches in Hawaii..:dance:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom