May be time to go

I see quite a few people recently who are posting retirement expenses somewhere from $130k to $150k, which makes me nervous.
If the numbers work out to 100% success with this type of expense level, sounds fine to me, especially if nerves take over and you wanted to trim back 10-20% without seriously derailing your planned retirement.

I just came to terms with the fact that I'll never be 100% comfortable financially. I'm quite sure I can find work if I wanted to or needed to down the line.

Yes it's never easy letting go a paycheck willingly. I'm in same boat. Ready but hanging on as long as I can. It does take some courage to jump off the w*rk cliff.

FIRE should not be an emotional decision ("I quit!"), but rather one that is planned carefully and with forethought over a period of years (or even a decade).

Or not.
I met the 401K admins advisor (Fido) first time in September. Ran some spreadsheets and Firecalc for a month. Told my manager I would not be adverse to being RIFed in November. Got a RIF notification December 1 and was off the payroll March 1.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom