maybe worst year yet

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
problem with the tracking of our investments for 2008 is we never built up a cushion with any gains to fall from this year so although back in the 2000's my worst year on record was down 14.5 by the end of today i may actually beat that. of course thats my actively managed growth mix and not an overall net worth drop. my index portfolio of funds actually beat that drop already without today.

just entered some more orders for today to add to all my funds. only the 3rd time in 25 years that you get a 2nd chance to add to your holdings at prices we thought were long gone . its worth getting in early and just waiting this out. I HOPE!

are you referring to returns to date? The year is only 21 days old, so a little early to say worst year yet!

just entered some more orders for today to add to all my funds. only the 3rd time in 25 years that you get a 2nd chance to add to your holdings at prices we thought were long gone . its worth getting in early and just waiting this out. I HOPE!

You'll be looking smart for doing that, I just don't know HOW smart or WHEN you will look smart........:)

I've taken to staring at the # of shares purchased vs. the value of the portfolio - at least that # is going up!!!

Back
Top Bottom