More Doom and Gloom

John Galt, I must grudgingly admit you take criticism in a goodnatured way.

Shows some character. I admit the current Democratic party leaves a lot to be desired. But, Good Lord man, can't you see the neocons are just fascists in Brooks Brothers suits? :confused:

Rockpile

One Example of the Joseph Stalin School of Management :

"Power is Truth" = Well, management must be right, or why else would they be in power!

I escaped from the corporate Gulag.  My ER is my solitary victory over flaming, egotistical meglomaniacs by digging my way under the camp with a spoon and a very frugal lifestyle.  For those idealogues that believe that somehow this country is enriched by those %$#*&! that run most of the major corporations as if they were personal fiefdoms, I invite you to return to the gulag and celebrate your economic philosphy and inherent intellectual superiority over a luke warm bowl of gruel and lard, and on the odd day, a delightful side compliment consiting of a crust of dark bread.  

"Welcome Back, Oh Hero and Champion of the Corporate Collective"...........We all knew you would return to the Mother Land.      

(I, on the other hand, will continue my life on the edges of the collective as an ER without a company propiska in my domestic passport. I guess I am just another unwashed peasant, but I am at least self made and self directed.) 8)

JG:

I am in Rome this week. Travel makes me wake up at odd times. I will always be a cranky guy, but I do know how to have a good time despite the affliction. Perhaps one cure is my wife. They say you are only as young as the woman you feel. :D

HI LEX. "Only as young as the woman you feel."
That's a good one. Never heard it.

JG

JG:

The quote is attributed to Groucho Marx during one of his quips on "You Bet Your Life".  My wife questions why I bring a lap top on trips.  I tell her its the only way I can manage our funds so that we can afford the odd trip.  (It is really so I can maintain radio contact with the ER underground!) 8)

Bum:

I am thinking about designing a line of kevlar womens fashions. Perhhaps teflon. There is a pinch factor, especially on the trams. I suppose Italian guys like to see whats ripe and what hits back (albiet with a nice leather purse). The concept of personal space is very different in the old country. There really is a street scene for the gals here. No need for computer dating in Italy. Just open your window, pick your date and let your opinions be heard!

Lex,

Disclaimer: (CHP) Cocktail hour post. Attsa-my-boy Lex ...You go goomba! Design that kevlar unpinchable booty bra!
It 'll probably go the way of the Nehru jacket and clamdiggers but I'd be glad to sign up to help with the test marketing.

BUM :D

JG:

I am in Rome this week. Travel makes me wake up at odd times.  I will always be a cranky guy, but I do know how to have a good time despite the affliction.  Perhaps one cure is my wife.  They say you are only as young as the woman you feel.  :D
WooHoo!!! I am planning to meet my military daughter in Rome this summer, God willing and the creek don't rise (an Indiana phrase). I hope it's as much fun for us gals.

Leave your unpinchable kevlar undies at home and it might.

Indeed the "old countries" are a little different. I was in greece about 15 years ago with my petite girlfriend. A couple of the local greek boys wandered by and saw her standing alone. One of them thought she was cute so he picked her up and started carrying her off.

Probably not, in our case. I am just shy of 5'10" and have grey hair. Daughter is barely 5 feet and cute, but she is, after all, military and doesn't put up with much. ;)

TH

Perhaps in Greece unattended women are treated as abondoned and subject to pedis possesio, or ownership through capture.

IndyMom;

The Italians are usually very nice to American Military. They seem to be (IMHO) decently disposed to Americans in general. You should have a great time this summer.

Thank your daughter for her service to the country.

Leave your unpinchable kevlar undies at home and it might.

Indeed the "old countries" are a little different.  I was in greece about 15 years ago with my petite girlfriend.  A couple of the local greek boys wandered by and saw her standing alone.  One of them thought she was cute so he picked her up and started carrying her off.
Actually, that's quite rare. Greek boys normally prefer sheep. :D :D :D

Gee John Galt,

For someone who can pontificate about everything, and anything, you've remained strangely silent regarding my question to you in reply#50.

Hello rockpile. Sorry I missed your query.

Did you mean "neocons are fascists in Brooks Brothers suits"? I don't like neocons or Brooks Brothers suits either,
for that matter. I guess I didn't think the remark required
(deserved?) an answer. If I got the wrong reply, please
let me know and I will try to respond.

JG

Back
Top Bottom