Originally Posted by urn2bfree
There is literally NO EXPLANATION how she went from one to the other.
A good part of the article provides explanation...it's attempted to be justified with one excuse after another.
1. Personal depression - brother died
2. Had to quit job due to the depression - loss of income
3. Convinced herself that she needed a change in living environment to fix things - $600 more per month
4. Having the third child during this was obviously not smart - more expenses
5. Not willing to cut back when it came to the kids
6. Emergency expenses came up
But hallelujah ... she now knows the names of a bunch of psychiatric diagnoses she can blame it on and feel so much better about things.
She got her $100 for writing the article. Seems eerily similar to the Financial Samurai approach. Make yourself out to be a financial guru. Fail at it. Then write about your failure as a financial guru.