Mortgage from a different perspective

I would keep my 30 year mortgage if . . .

• the mortgage rate was below 1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the mortgage rate was below 2%

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • the mortgage rate was below 3%

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • the mortgage rate was below 4%

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • the mortgage rate was below 5%

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • the mortgage rate was below 6%

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • the mortgage rate was below 7%

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Never. I don't care what the mortgage rate is.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • the mortgage rate is below the long term government bond rate.

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
This isnt working right. Only 2 voted, and i voted positive for all, so should be at least 50% on all, not 15.7%, and 7% (for last one).

SG: add an option for if the rate falls below that of a government bond of similar maturity. (I know this will almost certainly never be true when you take out the mortgage, but it could become true thereafter.)

Bpp

You're going to get some funny results if people dont fill in all the rates below the one thats their switch point.

You might want to redo it to say "what rate or below would you get/keep a mortgage". Then your distribution should back right up to the trigger.

I'm sort of thinking the trigger is going to be mobile and not very fixed. From our other poll it appears the numbers play a factor but people just want to avoid the debt and payment load nearing and in ER. So the "right"number for the remaining folks that want to arb the debt is whatever is below what they can get in whatever investment vehicle they're using for the arb.

People might be burned out on polls for now as well, at least mortgage polls. I was seeing declining votes on the ones I was running and decided to take a break for a while.

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
People might be burned out on polls for now as well, at least mortgage polls. I was seeing declining votes on the ones I was running and decided to take a break for a while.

Try asking about how great the United states is, global warming, or televisions. ;)

Back
Top Bottom