Most Citi DoubleCash card benefits disappearing

I just looked at my account , an ATT universal holdover thatCiti now owns. They have me with 2 account numbers.
From a robo chat- They are switching from Visa to Mastercard. They whole thing is fubar'ed. With double charges and zero balance on one but charge moved to another number which I don't have. Time to shop a new card I guess.

I really took advantage of the Price Rewind, Extended warranty and their trip insurance. I used the QS for car rental and my Bank of America card using 3% travel category. I have the Costco card but stop using it because you have to wait until the beginning of the following year to get your reward check which must be cashed at Costco.

I sent them documentation to try and recover a $250 non-refundable hotel bill we had to cancel when my MIL had a heart attack. It has been over a month and haven't heard a thing from them, not even a "we received it" notice. It was a long shot anyway. At this point I doubt I'll ever get that money back.

I finally received a response for my claim from early July. The claim was denied because we didn't "cancel" the trip. We were two hours away from checking in when I called the hotel to say we were at the hospital and wouldn't be coming and asked for a refund. I'm not sure why that doesn't count as canceling, but whatever. I knew it was a long shot anyway and didn't expect to see that money again. At least I'm not waiting for a response anymore and with the benefits gone now it won't matter in the future. It was only $250, I'll consider it an unfortunate "stuff happens" event. I've already earned more than that in cash back rewards, so I still come out ahead.

Back
Top Bottom