Moving Average

MountainMedic

Confused about dryer sheets
I have had a rather difficult time finding an active chart on the 200-day moving average for the S&P 500. I have searched on Bing as well as on this website. I am finding graphs that are for education about what the 200-day is, but not a chart that shows the day-to-day changes to the average. PLEASE tell me that there is one out there and that I don't have to calculate my own every day.

Thank you for the help.

Respectfully,

MM

go to

BigCharts - Interactive Charting=

enter VINIX for the symbol (or you can enter S&P500 in the "compare to")
choose the time period you wish to look at
frequency should stay at "daily"
under "Moving averages" click SMA (simple moving average) and to the right of SMA type in "200", then "Draw chart"

Google again. I found several that were free, but they required a download and/or registration. Sorry I am not providing a link, but I am not interested in 200-day moving averages and so I can't vouch for the sites. Probably fine, but use appropriate caution.

Yahoo Finance. click on an index or enter a ticker symbol for a stock, then choose "basic chart" or "interactive" under charts. Either choice has moving averages where you can set the duration, ie 50 day, 200 day etc.

here's an example :
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^DJI+Interactive#chart1:symbol=^dji;range=1y;indicator=sma%2850,200%29+volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined

Isn't it rather worrisome that someone who appears to want to use technical analysis [-]is not technically adept enough to[/-] cannot figure out that practically all free charting tools do this?

Try finance.yahoo.com

I also would not be surprised if finance.google.com also provided this info.

I can hear dex unrolling his magic charts now!:)

MountainMedic--have fun with "technical" analysis. It can be an expensive hobby.

Back
Top Bottom