My 401k rollover

kurtzoe

Confused about dryer sheets
Looking for ideas:

Recently retired @ 60.

I have a 690k IRA, 600k 403B and a 490k 401k.

I pay an annual fee of 1% on the actively managed IRA. In this IRA the fee is somewhat mitigated as it holds lower cost classes of funds than available if purchased outside of the managed IRA portfolio.

I've had a long relationship with my broker and it is trusted as he is advising me in cases against his personal interest. In this case he is advising me to take the 403b and roll it into DW pension at her retirement next year taking that money out from under his management.

Any suggestions on what to do with the 401K?

Thanks and fire away!

I'm going to say, move your IRA , when you add the 1% to each fee of the "lower cost classes" of funds, I'll bet it is more expensive than if you purchased funds in a non-managed IRA. like Vanguard, Shwab, Fidelity, Scottrade, Td-waterhouse, etc...

The 401K, provides you lawsuit protection, and could be worth keeping if the total fees are tiny.

My 401K is with FIDO, and, I too just retired. It has some good index funds and .00X% fees. I'm leaving mine w/FIDO. If fees were an issue, I'd be boarding the vanguard train.

Good problems to have. :LOL: Congrats and enjoy!

My input is to pay no fee for $ management, and go with index funds/ETF's.

..........I pay an annual fee of 1% on the actively managed IRA. In this IRA the fee is somewhat mitigated as it holds lower cost classes of funds than available if purchased outside of the managed IRA portfolio.............
I'm skeptical. You can buy Vanguard funds with expense ratios of less than 0.05%

You could rollover the 401k in the IRA. That will put your IRA > 1mil which could lower your fee.

Or check out Vanguard or other company with less fees.

Back
Top Bottom