My best performing funds YTD...

VG high yield corp - average duration 4.3. If it goes down some more - may add some mad money to my modest position - :confused:? maybe an opportunity later this year to nail down some current yield north of 8%.

heh heh heh - don't you just love the long bond cycle? If I really had hair - I might might be shopping for strips, if I had a crystal ball as to where the fed was going.

Mad money only - lead sled dog is still Target Retirement 2015.

My best fund so far is

Dimensional Funds Real Estate Securities 8.77% YTD

Hmmm

VG REIT index - 8.39%. Wait a minute! I sold in January and added the proceeds to my Target fund.

Gotta love market timing - not to mention recency.

heh heh heh heh heh - sigh!

unclemick2 said:
VG high yield corp - average duration 4.3. If it goes down some more - may add some mad money to my modest position - :confused:? maybe an opportunity later this year to nail down some current yield north of 8%.

heh heh heh - don't you just love the long bond cycle? If I really had hair - I might might be shopping for strips, if I had a crystal ball as to where the fed was going.

Mad money only - lead sled dog is still Target Retirement 2015.

UM, if you really want to play the long bond game (which is starting to interest me), you can play in a much bigger way and put up a lot less scratch by buying calls on TLT. I think I may be adding some Jan. 2008 calls later this year if I am sufficiently convinced that the Fed has really dumped us into a recession.

unclemick2 said:

unclemick2
That's my plan. The HY is off its 1 yr high of about 6.30 at 6.00. 5.50 is the all time low
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=VWEHX&t=my&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Now if it gets there it also means a bad time for the stock market.
I'm about 2/3 cash and 1/3 foreign currency - losing money but earning some interest. When the Fed stops raising interest rates the dollar should fall & I'll take my profit.

dex said:
unclemick2
I'm about 2/3 cash and 1/3 foreign currency - losing money but earning some interest.  When the Fed stops raising interest rates the dollar should fall & I'll take my profit.

Dex what firm did you use to buy foreign currency?
Everbank has CD's not too familiar with others
Gerald

Back
Top Bottom