My FI Ducks Are All in a Row!

This in turn has dropped my annual living expenses to a mere $15,000. And, since my gross “passive” income is $53,800 a year, I’ve got a whopping $28,000 after taxes available to spend for fun. Whoppee!

<...>
Inspired by Mr. Money Mustache <....>

As soon as I read your $15K, I immediately thought about MMM and suggest to visit his blog.... Ha ha...scrolled down (didn't read the whole post yet, sorry) and here I notice MMM name:D:LOL:

Good for you. If you wife supports you in this lifestyle that's wonderful and congrats.

Congratulations and thanks for the encouragement you are giving some of those with OMY syndrome!

... I would think after paying your Medicare supplements, utilities,property taxes, and insurances, that would slash your amount at least in half left to spend before you get any of that steak in your belly.

Hi, Mulligan...

Thanks for replying to my post.

That's an interesting question you asked. I added those items up and my aggregate annual cost for Medicare, all other medical and LTC insurances, ALL other insurances (home, auto, liability, etc), utilities (including internet and netflix), and property taxes come to a total of $7297. :facepalm:

YIKES! That is 49% of my annual $15,000 basic living expenses budget. It's good to know... but soooo depressing! :(

A slightly more upbeat way for me to break it down is: $3960 all-in medical, $757 other insurance, $900 property taxes and $1680 all-in utilities. Sounds a little better to me, anyway.

Cheers...

Alex in Virginia

Back
Top Bottom