My net worth has increased 74% since I retired 4 years ago

I don't know about eternal hope, but if you miss out on a bull run, you may not have enough fat to live through the next famine.

I would not feel good looking like this guy, going into an economic downturn.

depositphotos_228004616-stock-photo-thin-guy-poses-on-workout.jpg

Downloaded that pic, super funny!!
@Car-Guy might need that pic for one of his funny Thursday posts.

I just rebalanced yesterday to take some of the gains off the table. No reason to be too greedy when things are going so well.

Exactly! As someone once said..."you only need to get rich once".

marko, I think you have described a lot of people going through their young lives. We were to busy to think of retirement and making a better plan, then just adding to a 401K.

The good thing is, I beleive anyway we all had that frugal/saving gene in us to make it retirement easier then some.

+1. 2 of the 3 role models for my career have ended up in their 60s with virtually nothing saved. I know this, because they each revealed it to me when I retired at 54. My jaw dropped, as these were successful, respected professionals who had access to 403bs. The third retired at 60 with enough assets to become a professional clown (I’m not kidding).

Exactly! As someone once said..."you only need to get rich once".

Doesn't one have to worry about staying rich?

And what is rich anyway? A common thread topic here over the years is how much one needs to retire. These threads are very popular with many posts, and never reach a concensus on a number.

And that's just to retire, not to be rich. :)

Back
Top Bottom