My Social Security website interface changes (for the better!)

dadu007

Recycles dryer sheets

Attachments

• MYSS.jpg
    MYSS.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 130
I see the new format and was not aware of the update. I like that the website makes it easier to see what the payment might be based on different retirement ages. Thanks for sharing the information.

I just checked mine and for DW. She is drawing, I’m not. Nice to see the slider under graph that you can slide to see what projected benefit is at different ages other than FRA and 70. Could run numbers to see but nice add on here.
For DW I can see where full benefit is going, Medicare and tax deductions. However it would be helpful to see a year to date like I got in my old pay stub. Trying to remember when we started Medicare Advantage and any changes to tax withholding, so not just monthly number times 12. Maybe I’m just getting lazy ?

This is a nice improvement. Thanks for the heads up.

This is a great improvement. Just logged onto the new site today. I was able to duplicate my early retirement results (stop working at 55 and take SS at 62, 67 or 70) that I obtained with the old Excel AnyPIA calculator, to the $. No need to manually input data into that arcane spreadsheet anymore!

Thanks for posting this.

I just logged in and I don't see the new interface. I wish I did; I would like to play around with the slider thingie.

I wonder if they are rolling it out in stages or something?

Thanks for posting this.

I just logged in and I don't see the new interface. I wish I did; I would like to play around with the slider thingie.

I wonder if they are rolling it out in stages or something?

Maybe try clearing your browser's cache or use a different browser.

I tried Firefox,Edge and Chrome and still old format.
Cleared cache on Edge and tried again same old format.

I'm receiving spousal SS, but it doesn't seem to want to tell me what I'll receive when I file for my own at age 70. The old yearly mailed statements used to list this information. Am I missing something? :confused:

I'm receiving spousal SS, but it doesn't seem to want to tell me what I'll receive when I file for my own at age 70. The old yearly mailed statements used to list this information. Am I missing something? :confused:

Nope. You're not. All of us who are currently on spousal can no longer see our own. It's always been that way. Irritating. The only way I know to get the information is to go to this website:

https://ssa.tools/calculator.html

Then go to the Social Security website: https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.action

Copy your earnings, paste them in the box, fill in birthdate info and voilà, you get all kinds of info. Actually more than is available (at least in the past) on the SS website.

good lord, Jan 1980 just out of USN and earned 15.5K doing F-18 Flight Test. Do like the new interface.

I just checked, and I get the updated site. It superficially looks better, but it is more difficult to copy and paste the information into my retirement tracking. Superficial usually wins, so there you go. :)

Thank you, dadu007. Have Miss Moneypenny pour you a Martini, shaken not stirred. You earned it.

New site should be more meaningful for casual passersby. Love the ability to put in zero future earnings and then recalculate. FIRE friendly. Good user interface, too.

I got the email a week or so ago too... Logged on, and got the same old format.... Cleared cache, used two different browsers. No changes. My check was deposited tonight so that's what is important to me....:)

No luck here. No email from the SSA either.

About a month ago, I did have access in my account to a very poor "calculator", that I could put different ages or calendar dates into, and attempt to see what the dollars would be (I'm over FRA). But the dollar amount would only change on the calendar year break, and it would jump a whole years worth, even if I put in month(s) offset from integer age. Checked back a week later, it was gone!

Now, there is no calculator available to me. I did find a page outside of my account that showed the different calculators available, but when I clicked on the one I wanted, it said to log in or create an account, and showed an example snippet... with icons to choose, one being "calculator". But via my login, no icons, only text, and no calculator at all. I have no idea what's up.

Back
Top Bottom