Join Early Retirement Today

My take home numbers...
Old 08-13-2020, 04:48 AM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado

My take home numbers...

Small numbers compared to many on here...
Currently bringing home $1875 a month..after insurance and major 401K addition.
My current retirement estimate would be $1842 a month after taxes and $500 towards insurance.
In 5 years SS will bring it to about $2800 a month.
my 401K isn't much, about 80K, but growing $1200 a month.
FIREcalc with the DW income says 96.7% success.
old medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2020, 04:57 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

DW income? What does firecalc say for when SW retires?

What are your spending no's? The key is to keep spending in line. You'll do fine if you control spending.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:11 AM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Your numbers are for you.

Hi, not sure if you are asking a question or not? But important to know that the numbers only matter as they relate to your life and what makes you happy. Some of us live very simply and donít spend a lot, others canít be happy without a new car every few years. So donít worry about how others are doing, just that your needs and wants are met and you feel secure in your retirement. Can you save 25x your annual expenses? Then supposedly you are covered. Well perhaps not if you are 50 but at 65.. now if the plan is to take a cruise every year in retirement or other travel (hard to imagine today, right?) or buy a boat and fish every day then you need to allow for your retirement spending and not your current COL..

Although a little cushion does make for a softer landing should problems arise...
Retired Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:21 AM   #4
Dryer sheet aficionado

DW .....Dear Wife SW guessing same wife...LOL...
The Wife still has a few years to go....And adding to her 401K
With her future numbers we are fine..
We are doing good spending wise... actually could save more... But building our retirement estate...is an expense that will end.
Even put pulling 25K out of the 401K to buy my last truck at 60...
Expat.... kinda wondering what other think... One of the good things about our jobs is we have learned to live on little, and do most of our own work...
4 acres homestead that paid for...
Old 08-13-2020, 09:00 AM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

Congrats, sounds like you're on track for the future you envisioned and worked for. The only caution I'd have is to consider what happens if DW can't work - either because of job cuts or health reasons.
Katiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:29 AM   #6
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiek View Post
what happens if DW can't work - either because of job cuts or health reasons.
LOL... Shes in Juvenal Criminal Justice... more chance of overtime than job cuts. NC raise the age laws has doubled her work load. We are looking at buying 2 years of time back, putting her FRA at 62. Im inclined to continue working and padding my retirement and 401K till im 62, and then let her jump early at 57 with 25 years.....
Still young enough to push my wheelchair around