Nasdaq 5049

Marc

Recycles dryer sheets
After the dot com bust when NASDAQ dropped from 5048 down to around 1100, there were a lot of pundits who said that NASDAQ 5048 would never be seen again. Now, we are well within reach of 5049; in fact, I think we could reach it by end of 2014.

Any prognostications on NASDAQ 5049?

Marc

You had to wait until after the close of the market to post this? Looks like an indication I should start going to the mattresses.

The Nasdaq is a little under 4000 right now. So you think there is a chance of a further 25% gain from now to the end of the year? That seems very unlikely. I would be very pleasantly surprised if it hit its old high in 1 to 2 years. I'm not very confident the current bull has that much, if anything, left in it. But the stock market is like riding a roller coaster blindfolded. You know things are going to happen and may even get some vague clues, but it can always surprise you.

The Nasdaq is a little under 4000 right now. So you think there is a chance of a further 25% gain from now to the end of the year? That seems very unlikely. I would be very pleasantly surprised if it hit its old high in 1 to 2 years. I'm not very confident the current bull has that much, if anything, left in it. But the stock market is like riding a roller coaster blindfolded. You know things are going to happen and may even get some vague clues, but it can always surprise you.

He did say 2014... that is not the end of this year....

He did say 2014... that is not the end of this year....

Ahh, I missed that. So it requires another 25% gain over the next 14 months to hit its old high. Still pretty aggressive, but not nearly as unlikely. However, I would still bet against it.

Peeled off some VG Ext Mkt today to get back to earth with my AA. Managing risk rather than return at this stage

Ahh, I missed that. So it requires another 25% gain over the next 14 months to hit its old high. Still pretty aggressive, but not nearly as unlikely. However, I would still bet against it.

The extra 12 months makes a big difference IMO... I think there is zero chance of it doing it this year....

I think there is some chance of it happening in the next 14.... I looked at my investments and Vanguard says I am up 20% the last 12 months... so a 25% increase is doable...

Back
Top Bottom