Need help getting it all back together...

Urchina

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi, everyone. Oh, it's good to be back on the boards. I bowed out a couple of years ago because our financial plans changed due to family. In the intervening time, we've refinanced our condo and turned it into a rental and purchased a larger family home in the same neighborhood (wonder of wonders!).

I am now in the process of re-organizing our finances (which needed organization anyway) and am re-evaluating our asset allocation in our retirement accounts.

I would like to add some Wellesley or Wellington to our retirement accounts, as we would still like to FIRE (though the date of that will be pushed back because of the house purchases) and I would like to build up some income-generating funds. In a review of the threads on the boards, it sounds like holding these accounts in tax-advantaged retirement accounts (IRAs) is wise because of the bond component. We have both Roth and Traditional IRAs but can no longer actively contribute to the Roths, although we did a roth conversion of our traditionals a couple of years ago and may do that in the future as well.

We anticipate being in the 25% federal income tax bracket at retirement. Given this, should we put Wellesley/Wellington in the Roth, the Traditional IRA, our deferred comp plans, or a taxable account? We have a fairly aggressive stock-focused portfolio right now and virtually no bond exposure (95% stocks) so there is plenty of room for them in the tax-advantaged accounts.

Thanks for your ideas!

Back
Top Bottom