Net worth 30-40 year olds

You're doing great relative to your peers.

I'm 39, DW is 36. When I was 35, our NW was about the same as yours. In the nearly five years since then, it's almost tripled because we got even more serious about saving (for a few years prior to the birth of DD, we were saving/investing in excess of 50% of our net income) and the market has done nothing but run up.

As a function of expenses, we're at about 10x expenses in invested assets, which is the most important number.

Nice work ,

I'm 40 and she's 44.

Net Worth - $1.53mln
Retirement Accounts - $1mln
Brokerage/Savings Accounts - $225k
Jewelry/Cars - $100k
Home Equity - $200k

Computer programmer, building my own websites for fun and profit. No boss. No clients. I could retire now, but websites still bring in 6 figures a year.

I have a freelance webDev business, although my clients have always only been mom and pop shops who are starting out with little to no capital.

I've had great success watching these businesses grow, but little making actual monay lol.

Rhey never want to build out the website in the beginning with limited capital, and once they make it they just hire a large firm to build them something all new.

I was great at making business relationships, just never with businesses that could pay me much. Probably earned maybe $10,000 over the course of 7years doing webDev freelance.

What was your secret sauce to scale to $100k annually? :cool:

I turn 33 this year. My wife just turned 31 ... I've been a small bus owner for about 10 years, wife is a SAHM and Photographer.

Numbers are as of end of April 2017.
* Networth: $2.509M (Includes no business equity or cash at all)
* Real Estate: $1.074 (Includes Land/Lots, Rental, and Primary)
* Retirement/Brokerage Accts: $562k
* Cash: $447k
* Misc Assets: $275k
* Debt: None

I have a freelance webDev business, although my clients have always only been mom and pop shops who are starting out with little to no capital.

I've had great success watching these businesses grow, but little making actual monay lol.

Rhey never want to build out the website in the beginning with limited capital, and once they make it they just hire a large firm to build them something all new.

I was great at making business relationships, just never with businesses that could pay me much. Probably earned maybe $10,000 over the course of 7years doing webDev freelance.

What was your secret sauce to scale to $100k annually? :cool:

Man I wish I had the brains to do stuff like you !!
I do mutual funds , stocks and make maybe extra 10k on that. I also have real estate 3 properties probably make cash flow about $1900 a month on those since one is paid off.

The question is whether this puts you on track for your spending/retirement goals. At around 40, we had about 350k networth; now 2.3 million networth, 17 years later. (We did better than I projected at 40, despite Enron and 2008/9)

What is your net worth for persons in their 30-40? I am 35 and have about 155k in a 401k, 19k in a Roth, 420k in real estate and a few cars worth about 25k. Overall probably around 550k total net worth.

Last edited:
Age 44
£1.2M in wealth which at current exchange rates is about $1.6M.
Will FIRE in the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom