New 14 Year Secular Bull Market?

Hindsight is 20/20. Did this man predict that 2000 thru 2013 would be a Long Term Secular Bull Market with a few cyclical bull markets? No indicator works 100% all the time.

What may be different this time is that the over-65 age group is growing even faster, and this may be a financial burden (Medicare, Medicaid, and SS) on both younger groups.

Housel at TMF is also onto this demographic trend. It sounds reasonable to me.

Is there an inflation-corrected version of that 117 year chart?

Curious if it shows the same picture.

[Edit] Also that chart is not total return (excludes dividends).

Last edited:

Here is a link to a web site that provides the returns on the s&P 500 or earlier equivalent since 1871. CAGR of the Stock Market: Annualized Returns of the S&P 500 Note that inflation adjusted return since 1871 is 8.55% or 1 dollar in 1871 has become $13,281 today. An added data point if you divide that time in two periods in 1942 you get 8.02% or $1 to $78.16 and from 1942 to 2013 you get 9.09% and $169.92.

Excellent question. There are links on the site, and you might ask.

I know some here do have such data stored locally and they could provide it. I know the trevh backtest sheet has returns and inflation going back to 1972, for example. With or without dividends? Have to look around for sources.

I think so, can't really tell since I get a "please register" overlay.

I think so, can't really tell since I get a "please register" overlay.

That's puzzling...! I do not get that but all my pop-ups are blocked. If they are not already, give that a try.

Computer gurus might be able to clear this. Why do some people bring up a web page with no problem and others report (I know I get them) getting some sort of interference requiring them to do something?

That's puzzling...! I do not get that but all my pop-ups are blocked. If they are not already, give that a try.

Computer gurus might be able to clear this. Why do some people bring up a web page with no problem and others report (I know I get them) getting some sort of interference requiring them to do something?

You are a subscriber, and other SA subscribers see all of the article.

You are a subscriber, and other SA subscribers see all of the article.

Ney. I have not subscrobe. Unless there was a free subscription with this new computer I have. Up in the corner it says to "login/join now." I have no knowledge of ever joining this site

Back
Top Bottom