New CC Approval Easier Then Expected

Dog

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just want to share in case anyone else may have a similar situation.

Recently applied online for an Alaska Airlines CC thru BofA. We had placed freezes" on our credit with the three agencies last year so I expected a bit of a hassle. About 2 weeks after applying, I received a letter from BofA informing me that they could not access credit ratings and suggested I contact the three agencies to have freeze temporarily lifted. They provided contact numbers and process. They also provided a BofA 800# if I had questions. I almost decided to bag it since we don't need the CC and I avoid hassles. We are only interested in it for the miles. I decided to call the BofA 800# and ask if I could have the freeze lifted on just one credit agency. The answer was yes. In fact the representative said they have an agreement with Transunion and she could place a conference call to have the freeze temporarily lifted at no charge. She could then see if our application could be approved. I agreed to do that. She placed the call, and I provided some details to the Transunion agent including my pin to unfreeze the account. He unfroze the account for 72 hours and released the call. The BofA agent informed me that our credit rating is excellent at 818 and she approved the application. The CC will arrive shortly. This took less then 5 minutes. This was so easy and both representatives were professional and polite.

As some say....YMMV [emoji41]

I have never been to Alaska, but I hear you can see Russia from there.

This is a test as I have been unable to post recently.

Last edited:
Similar experience last summer. I applied for a new card (it was an Amex) and got a phone call from them telling me which agency they used so I could unfreeze it temporarily. Easy and efficient.

On several occasions I have asked Experian to give me a one-time unlock code. I give the code to whatever business needs to check my credit records, they get the information they want, and my records are once again locked to everybody.

Back
Top Bottom