New Fidelity Credit Card

Can you have two accounts (one account with two cards, one card for me, one card for DW), and then a separate account (with just one card) in the same household?

This would allow us to continue to get 2% rewards on everything (including the places that don't accept AMEX), and would allow us to put all our recurring auto-charges on a 2% card (they are now split between this AMEX and a 1% Amazon Visa card now, for those places that don't accept AMEX).

But it would be nice to keep all the auto-recurring on their own card that we don't use anywhere else. That should cut down on the minor hassle of updating those if the main card gets a fraud alert. And we'd still have our 1% Amazon (3% for Amazon purchases) as a back up if the new Fidelity Visa got denied.

Sound like a good plan? Can they do that?

-ERD50

Can you have two accounts (one account with two cards, one card for me, one card for DW), and then a separate account (with just one card) in the same household?

This would allow us to continue to get 2% rewards on everything (including the places that don't accept AMEX), and would allow us to put all our recurring auto-charges on a 2% card (they are now split between this AMEX and a 1% Amazon Visa card now, for those places that don't accept AMEX).

But it would be nice to keep all the auto-recurring on their own card that we don't use anywhere else. That should cut down on the minor hassle of updating those if the main card gets a fraud alert. And we'd still have our 1% Amazon (3% for Amazon purchases) as a back up if the new Fidelity Visa got denied.

Sound like a good plan? Can they do that?

-ERD50
In the past I've had multiple cards from the same provider, so I think they can issue two cards. The question is what is their policy. I would call and ask.

American Express will issue different card numbers for each card holder - that's standard. But none of the other cards I've had have worked that way, including the FIA services card. With those all card holders have the same number.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom