New milestone for us

My only concern is one wants to be a "writer" and goes to a school that does not specialize in writing, and the other says she wants to be a teacher and wants to go to Dartmouth. If they wanted to be engineers, etc., I would feel better about the 46K per year. If you want to be a teacher, a state school is fine.

That is kind of a hard pill to swallow. My daughter wants to study journalism (writing) and photography. She want to attend a college where that is all they do (something like a trade school is what we called it in my day) the cost is about 45k a year. I am happy to pay if that is what she wants to do for the rest of her life. That being said, teachers can get a degree from anywhere (usually state schools) I would have a hard time justifying "in my own mind" Dartmouth to be a teacher. I hope it will be worth it to you.

At one point in my daughter's college years at U of Mass ( not our state school ) she decided she wanted to be a stand up comic and she isn't even funny .Luckily she ended up a Professor at a small college .

Back
Top Bottom