Nice surprise - LCD class action check for over $250!

pb4uski

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Opening some of last week's mail and I received a check settling an LCD class action suit where manufacturers of LCD flat screen panels were accused of price fixing. Based on my eligible purchases of flat screen monitors, notebook computers and LCD TVs sold between 1999 and 2006 I received a check for over $250 :dance:

Anyone else get this? Funny thing is I have only a faint recollection of signing up for it.

Yep, my surprise was abt $217. This was the first class action settlement that I have participated in that paid out in cash, rather than credits or a future rebate.

We spent it at an Antique Fair this weekend ( I know, should have invested it :blush:). But it was completely unexpected and DW & I decided to celebrate.

That's wonderful! Nothing like unexpected money. I jokingly call it "manna from heaven" when money falls into my lap out of the blue like that.

And Beldar, I always assume that I can spend something like that on whatever I want. After all, it wasn't expected, so it's not part of budgeting. Or at least, that's how I see it.

Enjoy!

That's wonderful! Nothing like unexpected money. I jokingly call it "manna from heaven" when money falls into my lap out of the blue like that.

That's how I saw it too, especially with overtime, which (except for holidays) was always unexpected. Later I toned it down a bit and put a third or half into savings but initially that was what paid for taking DW to dinner, model airplane stuff and the like. These were not minor amounts either - several thousand a year in OT pay.

It would have saved the taxpayers a lot of money if people would plan to have their accidents, robberies, fires and such at the beginning of a shift instead of at the end.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom