No more mortgage!

Be prepared for banks etc. not understanding how to deal with a person w/o debt.

I've never had a problem with that. Since paying off my mortgage in 2000 I've had multiple credit cards etc and being completely debt-free has never been a problem.

Congratulations.... and c'mon in, the mortgage-free water is great!

Great!!! It is so wonderful to set a goal and see it through. :dance: :clap:

I remember how I felt on the day when I payed off my mortgage - - VERY HAPPY! :D Incidently I paid mine off about three years before I retired, too.

There's a pattern here. I just got to the point where my after tax savings are enough to pay off the mortgage, but I need to work for another 3 years to give me enough savings to bridge the years between ER and 59.5, I don't want to 72t.

Wire transferred the final payment on our mortgage, yahooooo:LOL::LOL::LOL: Don't even care if it makes sense to pay it off or not, but it feels great! 36 month countdown to ER.

Good for you! We're in the process of building our retirement home and if plans work out, there's no mortgage at the end of the process. Understand it might not make perfect financial sense but for peace of mind, we can't wait!

Congratulations Lightspeed!!!

Last year, we sold our semi-McMansion and took the equity that we had and bought a smaller house ourtight. No mortgage payment. It feels GREAT. I hope it feels great for you, too

Congrats .. no mortgage payments .. still have to pay for property taxes, insurance premiums, utilities.. house maintenance and improvement, etc.

Back
Top Bottom