Not as bad as I thought.....

doneat54

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I pull all account balances the first of every month and plug them into a spreadsheet so I can track the growth of the portfolio. Of course after yesterday's DOW hit, I dreaded it, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. We are about a 50/50 AA and my one account with mostly bond funds actually increased over the January, and negated a lot of the other drops this week. Overall value only down $8k for the month. I was expecting worse. I guess that is how a "balanced portfolio" should work!?

I pull all account balances the first of every month and plug them into a spreadsheet so I can track the growth of the portfolio. Of course after yesterday's DOW hit, I dreaded it, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. We are about a 50/50 AA and my one account with mostly bond funds actually increased over the January, and negated a lot of the other drops this week. Overall value only down $8k for the month. I was expecting worse. I guess that is how a "balanced portfolio" should work!?

Yes, the hit on the market’s Friday were offset by the gains of AMZN in my portfolio. But who knows what Monday will bring.

Back
Top Bottom