Numbers of cars/vehicles

2 retired drivers, 5 cars. Two daily drivers, 03 Escape and 05 Mustang GT, three toys, 60 & 63 Sunbeam Alpines and 59 Hillman Minv convertable.
All paid for.

Interesting thread....We have thought about going down to one, but it just doesnt seem to work out....We are out in the sticks and not walking distance to anywhere...My problem would be with times that I need to leave one overnight for vehicle repair and having less freedom for the other person....

2 people not working, 3 cars, one motorcycle that never gets driven.

2 jet skis and a boat if they count.

Two cars: one person retired and me (still working). Both cars still working: Honda and Acura.

Four cars for 4 adults, 3 jobs and a college student who sometimes works.

As of last month it's finally 4 Toyotas!

2-person household (1 working FT, 1 working PT): 1 car

I take the bus or I bike to work (3 miles away) most of the time. I take the car to work maybe once a week.

He takes the bus or bikes to work (3.5 miles away), and he puts his bike on the bus for longer trips within our town.

We use the car on the weekends to run errands, visit friends, and sometimes go out of town.

Car will be 10 years old next month, has about 83,000 miles on it, and still runs well.

Two people (1 ER, one job) two cars. We plan to consolidate to one car after DD graduates college next spring. We will give one to her if she wants one (probably not if she stays in NYC). Otherwise we will sell. There are times when a second car can be very handy but we have ready access to Zipcars and Flexcars here on Capitol Hill. So owning one car will be fine.

1 working (for now)...

2000 Chev p/u, driven by moi
1993 Merc Sable, a real POS, driven by son
Future (near?), a low mileage gas sipper to save moolah, protect the environment, and extend the life of p/u...

2 working (one part time), 2 vehicles. A 2000 Saturn and a 2006 4Runner.

111 days until both my wife and I retire.

2007 chevy crewcab 4x4
2006 impala
2004 miata mazdaspeed
2001 harley road king classic

Just sold a 2000 chevy pickup, probably will sell the harley next spring. Every since we got the miata we quit using the bike.

Two people; four cars and 1 dirt bike.

Two of the cars are for work and the other two plus the dirt bike are DH's "toys" - an '89 Ford Mustang and a '71 Cutlass. The Mustang is for sale - any takers:confused: :D

2 w*rking - 3 cars (93 Honda Accord, 97 Honda Accord, 01 BMW Z3 (the sunny Saturday toy))

Sailors

one sailboat
two bicycles
one tricycle
four strollers (DW "hobby")
one Ergo
one Bjorn
one Kelty backpack baby carrier (similar to this , just an older model)
one pickup truck (2005 Ram)
one airplane (1951 PA-20)
family of 4, one FT working, one PT working.

2 cars, 2 workers

2003 Honda Accord
2006 Honda Odyssey

A month ago I had 4 cars...........not anymore........:)

Four vehicles, 2 1/2 drivers. I still work, DW is retired and youngest son is off to college. He took one car with but it is not 'his' officially (try to pry it out of his hands) So DW has her can and I have mine and we have a 1985 VW camper which I plan to give to older son shortly, so we would be down to 3 at that point.

2 people retired.
3 cars but one is my old chevelle that sits and looks pretty all day.

Vehicles are my passion.

Radical hot rod (36 Ford coupe); moderate hot rod (40 Ford coupe); rat rod (29 Model A); highly modified sports car (240Z); stock convertible sports car (Miata); heavy duty diesel 4x4 pu (Dodge 2500); light duty 4x4 pu (Dodge 1500); jeep (WWII Willys); beater (Comet); family car (Honda).

Packrat, what is your insurance bill like?

(Barbarus = a small Toyota)

2 person household, one retired (me!), Hybrid Escape, Taurus, Kubota tractor ;)

1.25 workers, 3 vehicles. One to commute with (48mpg), one to tow the camper/boat, and one super safe family mobile.

Vehicles are my passion.

Radical hot rod (36 Ford coupe); moderate hot rod (40 Ford coupe); rat rod (29 Model A); highly modified sports car (240Z); stock convertible sports car (Miata); heavy duty diesel 4x4 pu (Dodge 2500); light duty 4x4 pu (Dodge 1500); jeep (WWII Willys); beater (Comet); family car (Honda).

Packrat, what is your insurance bill like?

(Barbarus = a small Toyota)

It's about $800/yr through USAA. But I have comp on only 4 of them with liability and collision on the 2 that we are driving at any one time. The liability is switched several times a year depending on what we are driving. The last time the liability was switched, the insurance administrator balked a little.

The old toys have been staying dormant. Now that I'm FIREd, there will be more time for playing with them.

I'm curious?
My old cars costs me very little in insurance, I guess because the insurance companies realize that the $10K value we've agreed on won't cover sentimental value and we drive our collector stuff much more defensivey than our new stuff.
Same down south?

Back
Top Bottom