Obscure Credit Scores

jazz4cash

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This was new info to me, but not the least surprising. I believe credit scoring is fundamentally flawed because it does not consider any assets....only info about your debt. I just noted in another thread that I had recieved less favorable CC offers from BofA than OP had cited and then I stumbled on this............

8 secret scores that lenders keep - MSN Money

This was new info to me, but not the least surprising. I believe credit scoring is fundamentally flawed because it does not consider any assets....only info about your debt. I just noted in another thread that I had recieved less favorable CC offers from BofA than OP had cited and then I stumbled on this............

8 secret scores that lenders keep - MSN Money

Interesting article, I figured they use more than just a single number when determining credit ratings.

Having a lot of assets does help in obtaining loans but not necessarily your credit score. For instance when I sent in my brokerage statement showing assets several times larger than my mortgage, my loan got approved pretty much immediately.

just because one has the ability to pay dosnt mean you will pay like they say, show me!

My take is that credit scores and consumer credit applications and the underlying processes are designed for the 80% of folks that are basically broke living paycheck to paycheck, w/ not many real assets other than a mortgaged house and cars with loans on them.

If you are monied, you might need to contact a real person at a bank/credit company to explain your situation and show them your personal balance sheet and maybe evidence of your significant assets.

Dunno about monied - we're more what the old farmers called "land poor" - but the last time we needed a loan we had to provide 3 years of taxes, a list of tenants, their rents and contracts, and a list of debts and assets, which was really fun since we had a bunch of free and clear properties. And still the more hidebound conservative banker types wanted to have the gal's employment shown, even though it was part time and contributed about 4% to our annual income.

Back
Top Bottom