Open an ING account ang get 50.00

Yup, the only limitation is once per SSN, so you might consider opening one for your spouse as well.

malakito.

Do you need to have a special code to get the $50?
I just checked the ING site and there's no mention of the $50 (unless the reference to making 2 small deposits to your account in the next few days is a veiled reference to that).

No special code was needed when I opened my accounts. The link is what directs you to that offer.

Hey, I almost never refuse free money, so I opened two accounts.   One for me and one for my wife.   For my account, I used KB's link.   For my wife's, I used another ING offer of $50 for MS Money users.

Both of them got credited today.     Be careful if you link the same bank account to multiple ING accounts.   ING verifies your bank account by making a couple of small deposits.   Since I opened two accounts, they made 4 deposits, and they got intermixed, so it took me three guesses to finally get their verification straight.

I also tried to open an account for my daughter, but apparently she needs to be at least 16 to have her own account.

Wab, I go to that link and there is nothing there about $50. Do you know where this offer is described or when it expires? I can't find anywhere where they are advertising it, and I want to be sure I'm doing everything I need to do to claim it.

Do you know where this offer is described or when it expires?
I have no idea.  It looks like an affiliate code is encoded in the URL, but I don't know where the link originated.   That's why I hedged my bets and opened one account using the MS Money offer:

http://www.ingdirect.com/money04/

Both accounts had $50 in them after a couple of days, and both sign up procedures were the same.   The only difference is that one required a serial number from MS Money.

I learned about the 50.00 on another site and bit the bullet and tried it.  If there is an expiration date, I have no idea when it is.  I was told about this link probably 6 or 8 months ago.

Wab, some of the people opened links for younger kids.  Mine had drivers licenses to put in the field (don't remember what the field was), I think the others said they left that field blank

I forgot to mention, open your account first. Then when it is confirmed, you an open kids accounts using the same checking acct if you want. I don't think they sent the verification deposits for my kids since my acct was already confirmed.

wabmester,

I successfully opened accounts for my 3 young kids a while ago and received the $50 for each of them. I believe what I did was to open my account first then open joint accounts kid1+me, kid2+me, kid3+me. Try that and see if it works.

malakito

Back
Top Bottom