Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-03-2021, 10:02 AM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2 View Post
Aha! the pods are a conspiracy to disallow reduced laundry soap usage.

Not true! The instructions say add TWO pods to a medium or large load. We ignore the instructions...
EastWest Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2021, 01:48 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
What is a dryer?

Sorry. We do actually have one but at $0.30/KWH for electricity, we try to dry most things on a drying rack or on hangers. DW likes to throw many of the items into the dryer after they are mostly dry - for a quick tumble. It kills the wrinkles and softens the towels. She'll occasionally uses a dryer sheet. I rarely use the dryer at all. It's only when DW catches the right dampness/dryness that the dryer gets used. YMMV
No kidding...at that price I'd hang everything possible and also buy a gas dryer to replace my electric one (cheap natural gas here)

I do use those wool dryer balls in our electric dryer...when one escapes the cat chases it down.
ncbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:00 AM   #63
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2 View Post
Yep, ran across this a couple of days ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_core
Just a slip of the screwdriver.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:05 AM   #64
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbill View Post
No kidding...at that price I'd hang everything possible and also buy a gas dryer to replace my electric one (cheap natural gas here)

I do use those wool dryer balls in our electric dryer...when one escapes the cat chases it down.
Heh, heh, natural gas is not so cheap on Oahu, though it is available in very limited supplies - mostly to restaurants as I recall. We do also have propane, but not available in my Condo - and not allowed as stand alone. YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 03:45 PM   #65
Recycles dryer sheets

Speaking of which... COFFEE is the next big lie... But before you "Coffee Achievers" unfriend me, relax, and know I'm one of you, and please hear me out... Next time use 2 coffee filters and half the number of "heaping scoops" recommended by the coffee bag... YMMV, but your bougie coffee budget will thank me.😆👍☕
Montclairbobbyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 03:49 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
There is an apocryphal story of a statue at Johnson & Johnson Corporate Headquarters to the unknown author of "Lather, Rinse, Repeat." YMMV
I used to do this every time I washed my hair. Then my wife taught me to just lather once, longer, and ensure that the scalp is the target of the shampoo (and the hair for the conditioner). Now I use half as much, in less time!
Old 02-05-2021, 03:54 PM   #67
Dryer sheet aficionado

Hmm, I haven’t had OJ in many years! I guess, I dilute my water with water?
Jakob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #68
Full time employment: Posting here.

Yes, I am a lifelong diluter, going back to Koolaid when I was a kid. Always extra water and less sugar. Same with alcohol and mixed drinks. I had juice container i used for concentrate that was oversized and always added the extra water. I don't tolerate caffeine well, so I am thin on grounds and lots of hot water. Seems my family has a taste for plain hot water also... several have mentioned in family tree.
indiajust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:20 PM   #69

DM always made our KoolAid with half sugar.
I'm sure it was out of frugality but also the fear of diabetes.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:40 PM   #70
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclairbobbyb View Post
Speaking of which... COFFEE is the next big lie... But before you "Coffee Achievers" unfriend me, relax, and know I'm one of you, and please hear me out... Next time use 2 coffee filters and half the number of "heaping scoops" recommended by the coffee bag... YMMV, but your bougie coffee budget will thank me.😆👍☕
Hmm...I wonder what the coffee experts here think of that
Music Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 06:02 PM   #71
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySucks View Post
DM always made our KoolAid with half sugar.
I'm sure it was out of frugality but also the fear of diabetes.
My dad was a dentist and always made us use just a 1/2 cup of sugar. When we went to vacation bible school and had THEIR koolaid and iced sugar cookies - heaven! ...literally.
reneeh63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:49 PM   #72
Recycles dryer sheets

No dryer sheets here - I switched to wool dryer balls. They help dry the clothes and work great!
KarenF is offline   Reply With Quote