OT: Have you guys even hit/seen/been near the bottom?

lazygood4nothinbum said:
being a momma's boy, pretty much everything i say indicates what charity i institutionalized when in need.

but you raise a good question. to which i have a bad answer: a bunch of us back in college used food stamps a few times which was technically legal but pretty immoral. i think we did it just to check out the system. we used the coupons at the butcher store to buy filet mignon. the facial expressions of the other customers were priceless. while it was an interesting experience i am neither proud of that, nor that i ate meat. live and learn.

My parents were on food stamps for awhile and so was I. It made a big difference to us. I probably bought a good cut of beef once in awhile for a treat. I was pretty broke but it was amazing how well you could get by on the $30 per month of food stamps in the late 60's. I had a tuna/ground beef and rice dish that lasted 2 or 3 dinners and cost under $1.

I was a food stamp "facilitator" for a few months -- I don't know what my official title was but I would do almost anything for money at one point in my life. I was a good clerk but my heart went out to people that clearly were desperate for food but didn't "qualify" because they didn't have a "permanent" address with a kitchen. I tried to get several churches in the area to be their address but I didn't get them to bite. I realize now it would have been a disaster for the church if they were discovered.

Corporateburnout said:
Thanks to the best country and most caring people in the world....

Thank you for your contribution.

Back
Top Bottom