Otar: Unveiling the Retirement Myth

Freebird or LOL or Cuppajoe, if you have a copy of Otar's book in pdf format, could you email it to me? Thanks.

Freebird or LOL or Cuppajoe, if you have a copy of Otar's book in pdf format, could you email it to me? Thanks.
Hey, if you've got any Beatles tunes, could you rip 'em to MP3 and email them to me?

Hmm, I wonder why authors find it hard to make money selling books direct to customers, even when the price is right.

No doubt Samclem. The dishonesty of some people still surprises me. Don't know why it should as I continue to see it, but there it is:(

Hey, if you've got any Beatles tunes, could you rip 'em to MP3 and email them to me?
Hmm, I wonder why authors find it hard to make money selling books direct to customers, even when the price is right.
Gee, I bet Otar never saw that coming when he was handing out his free copies... of articles that he'd already been paid for, repackaged and self-published...

Otar posts on bogleheads that his PDF version of "Unveiling the Retirement Myth" is once again free for download. You have to click through at otar retirement calculator until near the final order page to read that it is free.

This is a great book for folks about to enter or already in the Decumulation phase as this lengthy thread attests to.

Well, I guess IAD..If you have enough and a 3% from it will get the job done and want to leave some behind, like we decided?
We just dumped our $ into Balanced Funds like VWINX, BERIX and a few Bonds and the heck with it..

First time we reduced our bonds and added extra $ to them was after 08' , going into 09' to play a Recovery,but now we took that $ back out and everything is back on course..

We Lived on A Commission Income our whole lives, running our own business, so we don't need to have an annuity or anything else to give us a Reg. Income,like Salary people need to have.. Just keep a couple of Yrs of $ for bills in ST Bonds and things have worked out better than we hoped...

Looks like going to leave Alot more $ behind than we planned..
and if they are right, that the last 10 yrs was going to be the worse and the next 10-20 will be alot better..? Better yet for our Kids..and Grandkids..
:)

Otar posts on bogleheads that his PDF version of "Unveiling the Retirement Myth" is once again free for download. You have to click through at otar retirement calculator until near the final order page to read that it is free.

Thanks LOL I just downloaded as that was the price I was looking for.

"No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the written permission of the publisher except in critical articles & reviews."

The way this is worded, it would seem perfectly OK to publish the whole publication. The prohibition is against publishing any part of the publication, not against the whole thing.

(Yes, of course I know what they meant, but that is not what they said. Knowing the difference between those two is a useful skill that I learned from my divorce attorney.)

2Cor521

LOL, thanks for reminding us of this book. Last year, I was about to pay to download it, when the trouble that Bosco had and the rude response of the author turned me off. Then, I forgot all about it.

This turned out to be a very good book. The gist of it that many would want to hear is that if your WR is low, around 3%, then it should be OK. Around 4%, it is iffy. And if it is higher, one would be safer with buying annuity. And as someone else has pointed out earlier and as we have already known, luck has a lot to do with it, meaning if you happen to retire into a string of bad years, there are going to be many sleepless nights...

Some people only read the later chapters, from chapter 41 till the end. You would miss his discussions on the effects of the frequency of portfolio rebalancing, the inclusion of foreign equities into the portfolio, and gasp, how one can do a bit of "dirty market timing" by looking at P/E, etc...

All in all, an excellent book.

Agree it's an excellent book. Basically he interprets the data one can find in Firecalc and draws some excellent conclusions. Certainly worth the price.

This is a great book for folks about to enter or already in the Decumulation phase as this lengthy thread attests to.

Thanks for the tip, LOL. Got it.

Back
Top Bottom