Part 2: Watcha worth?

How much $ do you have NOW: (Holdings+Home Equity+(Annual Pension*25)) MINUS big non-mortgage debt?

• $3-10 million

Votes: 25 15.9%
  • $2-3 million

Votes: 30 19.1%
  • $1-2 million

Votes: 51 32.5%
  • $500k-1 million

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • $250k-$500K

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Under $250K

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Over $10 million

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cute 'n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
if you've got plenty of money and great sex, you're probably in the clear! :)

economists david g. blanchflower & andrew j. oswald conclude that "money does seem to buy greater happiness. but it does not buy more sex."

http://tinyurl.com/jtw2z

EDIT: Shortened URL

Some people's nest egg provides for just themselves, while other people's nest egg provides for their partners too. I think this muddies things up a bit... one person living off 2 million dollars is in a different financial strata from 2 people living off 2 million.

Maybe the next survey should have "divide by number of adults supported"? Since two people can usually live cheaper than twice one person, maybe we'd need some scaling factor, like for two people divide by 1.6 (just a number I pulled out of my hat).

lazygood4nothinbum said:
economists david g. blanchflower & andrew j. oswald conclude that "money does seem to buy greater happiness. but it does not buy more sex."

http://tinyurl.com/jtw2z

EDIT:  Shortened URL

Interesting article. I have trouble believing the finding that half of women over 40 had 0 sex partners in the previous year. I haven't met many women that couldn't get sex, almost any day.

Still, from observation I have generated a theory about sex and older unattached people. The problem that a sex-seeking man faces is finding a woman who wants to have sex with him. The problem to be solved by the sex-seeking woman is different- she must find a man that she wants to have sex with.

Another observation--lots of middle aged men would do better if they made more effort at personal hygiene, and made at least a small genuflection toward style in clothing. And maybe shut down the engineer talk when having drinks with a woman. More than once I have watched while a guy talked himself from the woman thinking “He is interesting, not too bad looking, I’m lonely-maybe tonight?” to” Oh my god if he doesn’t stop talking I am going to scream.”

Ha

Back
Top Bottom