PBS Tonight 8PM "Moneytrack Money for Life"

Lcountz

Recycles dryer sheets
Tonight (Dec 13) on my PBS affiliate is a program "Moneytrack: Money for Life" about "a financially secure retirement".....

It looks like a new program, but my guide only says 2016, with no more specific date, so it could be a repeat....

Anyway.....FYI in case it sounds like something you may wish to watch!!!!

Is this an info-mercial?

Evidently not airing everywhere, and already aired many places. Airdates – MoneyTrack

Looks like they have a youtube channel though, I suspect the same info is there in a different format.

The only thing worth watching on PBS is Frontline and Nova.

Gasp!! 'Dems fighting words" Masterpiece theater presents Downton Abbey. I'm still wearing black in mourning since it went off.

lol, I'm a big pbs fan and love almost all their shows

Gasp!! 'Dems fighting words" Masterpiece theater presents Downton Abbey. I'm still wearing black in mourning since it went off.

+1 on that! PBS is hands-down one of the best channels for the types of things I like to watch

Yeah, I've been known to feel "The only thing worth watching on TV is PBS!" Of course once we cut the cord, our choices grew with MeTV and the other retro channels. 😉

+1 on that! PBS is hands-down one of the best channels for the types of things I like to watch
Where else can you see Lawrence Welk 5 nights a week? :LOL:

OP here......Sorry!!! Last night I went to tune in on my PBS station to see the retirement show, and it was a music program/telethon instead!!!!

O well......I don't know if it was an "infomercial"...I just wanted to make folks aware in case it was something interesting to watch!!!

I like PBS too.....I like "Antique Roadshow", "Frontline" and "Nova"...as well as the odd show that may appear on the lineup!!!

A big +1 here too.

I don't watch PBS off-air, but watch the video clips of their news and political commentary shows online, and anytime I have access to a streaming service such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc, make sure to catch up on back episodes of their other offerings. I recently watched the final season of Downton Abbey and last night, finished binge-watching both seasons of Grantchester. Pretty much anything with the Masterpiece Theatre moniker attached draws my instant attention. Having grown up in a pleasantly sleepy village in the English countryside at the edge of The Cotswolds, many of these series allow me to indulge my fantasy of traveling back in time and living in a little English village or small town (as I used to). It's the old "life was kinder and gentler back then" illusion. I know it's a pile of hooey but as they say, it's free to dream!

Occasionally when watching these shows, I wonder why I ever left Old Blighty!

I'm curious as to why they keep playing all those old LW shows. Aren't virtually all his fans deceased by now?

One would think so. A show sponsor was Geritol marketed to old people when I was in high school. I'm 66 now. Go figure.

I can watch just about anything on PBS except Suzie Orman. Just sayin.

OP here......Sorry!!! Last night I went to tune in on my PBS station to see the retirement show, and it was a music program/telethon instead!!!!

O well......I don't know if it was an "infomercial"...I just wanted to make folks aware in case it was something interesting to watch!!!

I like PBS too.....I like "Antique Roadshow", "Frontline" and "Nova"...as well as the odd show that may appear on the lineup!!!

We are big fans of PBS and love most all of their programming. Caught that show "Moneytrack: Money for Life" on one of the PBS channels in our area the other night while channel surfing. This PBS channel runs a lot of informercial programming late at night (50's songs, etc.) to get subscription funding. I only watched it for +/-30 min. I don't mean to offend, but found it to be nothing more than steering people to Financial Advisors so moved on (during the time I watched, they told you how to go about selecting an advisor, but not much else)...

We also find that PBS listed channel programming has a hard time following their own schedules - especially when they are in "funding mode" times of the year (near impossible to get a good recording or the actual one we wanted with our Tivo during those time frames).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom