PEN FED Share Certificates

jimnjana

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Penfed must be running a promotion on their 1,2 and 3 yr share certificate rates.
1 Yr APR is 1.26
2 Yr rate is 1.36
3 Yr rate is 1.61
1 yr rate was .9 last time I checked

I just got the same PenFed email. All 10-20 BPs higher than what I find on Bank Rate Monitor and with much smaller min deposits.

Do these function just like CDs? Are they insured?

I still get better return rates by combining Amazon Payments with a 2% rebate credit card, don't tie up my cash in the process, and get the 2% returns on a monthly basis, instead of annually.

Send each other $1000 (monthly maximum using a credit card). No fees, the money deposits in your account in about 2 or 3 days. Repeat every month.

Please clarify, as the Amazon site states "You cannot add funds to your Amazon Payments account by using a credit card. "

On their site, don't try to add funds to an account. Instead, click on "send money."

You and your spouse will each need to have an account set up to receive the payment.

Last edited:
Doesn't Amazon Payments charge 2.9% of the transaction if it is done with a credit card? Am I misreading this page?

Yes you are misreading it. It says right on that page that there are no fees for sending payments using Amazon Payments.

I've been doing this for a long time, never had an issue. If you need more info, I recommend checking out what people have discussed at FatWallet Finance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom