• Explorers - ISFP

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Explorers - ESTP

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Explorers - ESFP

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Oh good grief. :facepalm:

Today at w#rk our manager sent us the link in the OP, and asked all of us to take the test, and then report our type "anonymously" (coughbullcr@pcough) via a second link. No explanation for the request, or what they plan to do with the results. :( :nonono:

I have taken the full test in the past (always for personal curiosity, never for an employer) and I always come out as a strong INTJ. There is no way I am going on record ("anonymously" - yeah right) as that type, given that the reward system at w#rk is heavily tilted toward extroverts of all stripes. I refuse to be limited and/or penalized by a label.

I scrolled through the 16 types and selected one that was the absolute polar opposite of my actual results in every way, and entered that "anonymously" as my type.

I figure they can't call me out on it, since it's so anonymous and all.

The follow-up roundtable in a few weeks to discuss everyone's results should be interesting. :D

Last edited:

Today at w#rk our manager sent us the link in the OP, and asked all of us to take the test, and then report our type "anonymously" (coughbullcr@pcough) via a second link. No explanation for the request, or what they plan to do with the results. :( :nonono:

I have taken the full test in the past (always for personal curiosity, never for an employer) and I always come out as a strong INTJ. There is no way I am going on record ("anonymously" - yeah right) as that type, given that the reward system at w#rk is heavily tilted toward extroverts of all stripes. I refuse to be limited and/or penalized by a label.

I scrolled through the 16 types and selected one that was the absolute polar opposite of my actual results in every way, and entered that "anonymously" as my type.

I figure they can't call me out on it, since it's so anonymous and all.

The follow-up roundtable in a few weeks to discuss everyone's results should be interesting. :D

Just to mess with them, at the follow-up roundtable, you could think about doing the George Costanza exercise and saying the exact opposite of what you are really thinking and see if your manager notices. Of course, this could backfire, but it'd be fun to think about.

I did the same thing with my team. Was really just curious and to see how we balance the plethora of INTJ types at our high tech mega corp. Except I didn't make it anonymous. I let everyone guess each other's results. Fun stuff. No penalties. Don't be so cynical about the use of this stuff. For me it was just fun and a way to get away from the work for a bit to mentally reset. Not all bad .....

I promoted an I ...once..... Ha ha. Kidding. Kidding.

I tested years ago as a strong INTJ, but just took the test at the link from the OP, and am an INFP. I generally fit both descriptions, but the IN part is firm.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

The follow-up roundtable in a few weeks to discuss everyone's results should be interesting.

I went through a couple of renditions of that exercise over the years as the rookie HR "generalists" (what kind of job title is that, anyway?) would come on board trying to prove their go-gettedness. Once time I had much fun in the follow-up meeting by convincing one of the most extroverted people I know she was really just a closet introvert, and next thing you know she couldn't wait to get away from everybody to 'recharge' :angel:

The subject of my 'experiment' is a wonderful person, and I admired her ability to be seemingly effortlessly outgoing so I wasn't trying to inflict any permanent damage, but I found it interesting how sometimes more strongly extroverted people seem to be much more open--perhaps susceptible is a better word--to being swayed in how they view themselves based on what others say. While INTJ's like myself couldn't take a hint driven in with a 5 pound mall. :blush:

intj here also but how can there be 48% here when the world is 2%...have to think about that and device a plan of action to come up with an answer.

intj here also but how can there be 48% here when the world is 2%...have to think about that and device a plan of action to come up with an answer.

Heh. Guess what personality traits lead someone to consider, contemplate, and act on taking measures to insure reaching a future goal, particularly one important to their own well-being...

Portrait of an INTJ

Because self selection does not give rise to the Normal distribution.

Because the ENFPs are all at McDonald's discussing FIRE in person.

The INTJs are just more comfortable behind a 'puter screen and keyboard.

I wouldn't read too much into it beyond that.

Just to mess with them, at the follow-up roundtable, you could think about doing the George Costanza exercise and saying the exact opposite of what you are really thinking and see if your manager notices. Of course, this could backfire, but it'd be fun to think about.

I had considered doing this, but the more likely scenario is that I and the one other INTJ in the group will keep our lips firmly sealed and pray that the meeting is short and sweet. I imagine neither one of us will speak unless forced to. Given the need of all the extroverts in the group to hear their own voices, this plan will probably work.

I went through a couple of renditions of that exercise over the years as the rookie HR "generalists" (what kind of job title is that, anyway?) would come on board trying to prove their go-gettedness. Once time I had much fun in the follow-up meeting by convincing one of the most extroverted people I know she was really just a closet introvert, and next thing you know she couldn't wait to get away from everybody to 'recharge' :angel:

The subject of my 'experiment' is a wonderful person, and I admired her ability to be seemingly effortlessly outgoing so I wasn't trying to inflict any permanent damage, but I found it interesting how sometimes more strongly extroverted people seem to be much more open--perhaps susceptible is a better word--to being swayed in how they view themselves based on what others say. While INTJ's like myself couldn't take a hint driven in with a 5 pound mall. :blush:

I like the way you think! :LOL: :LOL:

The trend in this poll that screams out to me is the overwhelming dominance of Introverts, 85% (63/74) are I's. It suggests to me that extroverted folks may enjoy the work place and or need the social contact it provides and they may be less anxious to escape it.

Very interesting observation.

For what it's worth (which is not much), I am probably another INTJ with a very strong I but, as others have pointed out, the test is pretty much useless because:

1. far too many questions could be answered with "none of the above" or "it depends" or have variable/subjective interpretations; and

2. it is not hard to manipulate the answers to produce the results that best serve the person taking the test

Like astrology, a bit of light hearted fun but not to be taken seriously.:cool:

As others have noted, most here are introverts. It would be interesting to know of the 4 temperament "areas" that define your type, which one was the strongest or most prevalent? For example, on the I-E scale, I am an extreme "I" and the three other areas were a lot more toward the center.

As others have noted, most here are introverts. It would be interesting to know of the 4 temperament "areas" that define your type, which one was the strongest or most prevalent? For example, on the I-E scale, I am an extreme "I" and the three other areas were a lot more toward the center.

I suspect that is the case with many. The introvert in me is far to the right, intuitive/observant is about center, thinking/feeling is far left, judging/prospecting is far left, and assertive/turbulent is far left.

So while I can play the role of an extrovert if needed, when it's over I want to go home and take a nap for three days.:LOL:

Mine were the same way. "I" off the scale. Two of the others much newer the center except the "T". Sixty-two percent thinking. Nearer to a robot than a human on the Thinking/Feeling spectrum.

Mine were the same way. "I" off the scale. Two of the others much newer the center except the "T". Sixty-two percent thinking. Nearer to a robot than a human on the Thinking/Feeling spectrum.
Ditto, except only N was closer to center.
So during the Terminator movies, do you pull for the terminators or the humans?:D

So during the Terminator movies, do you pull for the terminators or the humans?

Ha! Ne'er have I seen a Terminator movie. I consider them "stupid pop culture". If anyone is a fan and offended by that assessment........., oh well. ;-)

Wow, if I skipped out on everything I've done that would qualify as "stupid pop culture" I'd have missed out on some fun times.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Well, I had to add a 10 to my INTJ screen name to get a unique one so that should tell you something.

So while I can play the role of an extrovert if needed, when it's over I want to go home and take a nap for three days.:LOL:

Exactly how it is for me some days at work when I have to go to an event or give a speech. I remind myself that I'm playing the role of and extroverted version of myself, and then I can go home and not talk to anyone for the night and just read.

Looks like I'm an ENTJ

"ENTJs are natural-born leaders. People with this personality type embody the gifts of charisma and confidence, and project authority in a way that draws crowds together behind a common goal. But unlike their Feeling (F) counterpart, ENTJs are characterized by an often ruthless level of rationality, using their drive, determination and sharp minds to achieve whatever end they've set for themselves. Perhaps it is best that they make up only three percent of the population, lest they overwhelm the more timid and sensitive personality types that make up much of the rest of the world - but we have ENTJs to thank for many of the businesses and institutions we take for granted every day."

Probably why I enjoyed the Navy and flying jets.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I'm an ESTJ. I also enjoyed flying and leading others as a naval officer. Not ER'd yet, but DW and I are working towards that goal.

I guess I'm just an outlier.
Whenever I take this, I turn out either INFP or INTP.
Both are low probability results in this poll (6-7%).

Please don't ostracize me!

Exactly how it is for me some days at work when I have to go to an event or give a speech. I remind myself that I'm playing the role of and extroverted version of myself, and then I can go home and not talk to anyone for the night and just read.

Yep, do that all the time myself.

I am INTJ and actually like socializing in small groups of "non-small talkers" and even attending occasional parties, but it takes its toll and I need several days to recover.

Back
Top Bottom