Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Explorers - ISFP

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Explorers - ESTP

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Explorers - ESFP

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
I scored ISTJ on this test. Last time I took a similar test, I got INTJ. On both tests, S and N were weak so I am kind of in between the two profiles, I guess. DW keeps testing INTJ.

Another ISTJ here.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

In previous tests like this i've always gotten INTJ but this gave me INFJ. Not sure what that means.

Came out ISTJ but the only really strong aspect was I

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I have taken the MBTI several times and always come out as INTP.

INTJ - no surprise here.......now let me go analyze the questions

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I've never actually taken a test like this before. Surprise (not), another INTJ. I would have thought there would be more of a mix than there is as some are here due to selling a business, pensions or inheritances and not just diligent saver, engineer types.

Last edited:
I just got my strongest INTJ result ever from this test. Apparently I am assertive too. The assertive vs turbulent thing is new to me.

Www.intjforum.com

But there are a lot of snobs there who think, just because they took a stupid internet test which says they're INTJ, they're misunderstood geniuses who are superior to the lesser mortals.

Ummm - yes; I took the original Briggs-Myers Personality test. INTJ. But the internet versions really aren't valid. Needs a trained administrator to read and interpret the tests.

I've never actually taken a test like this before. Surprise (not), another INTJ. I would have thought there would be more of a mix than there is as some are here due to selling a business, pensions or inheritances and not just diligent saver, engineer types.

Well, not always engineers or math majors. I'm certainly not, retired law enforcement and the first time around I flunked algebra I in high school. (Cracking a book might have helped.) But what I see consistently on the board is either no debt or low debt in relation to one's resources.

Well, not always engineers or math majors. I'm certainly not, retired law enforcement and the first time around I flunked algebra I in high school. (Cracking a book might have helped.) But what I see consistently on the board is either no debt or low debt in relation to one's resources.

You sound like me...

...scare you? Lol

I tested assertive, too, but of course I knew that from my last regular job and life in general.

BreathFree; said:
INTJ strengths are: imaginative and strategic thinkers, ambitious, confident, independent, logical, persistent and determined, open minded and jack of all trades. I think these are great traits for early retirement. :dance:

Just to be fair, weaknesses are: arrogance, judgmental, overly analytic, a dislike of structured environments, and clueless in romance. :blush:

i don't need to take the test, but i do need to find where in my house you put the camera's.

Actually, turns out i'm ENTJ.

Last edited:

Good point. I have an old book on how to live frugally, written by a guy who used to deal in antiques and settle estates, and he was always surprised at how fast the heirs could make $100K disappear on purchases like vacations and luxury goods.

My intense dislike of structured environments motivated me to persistently analyze the possibility of a strategic plan for the ER that I had imagined.:LOL:

+3 INTJ here. Was tested at megacorp during one of our week long management workshops. I was always made leader of our sub-group. Boy did I hate those things.

The trend in this poll that screams out to me is the overwhelming dominance of Introverts, 85% (63/74) are I's. It suggests to me that extroverted folks may enjoy the work place and or need the social contact it provides and they may be less anxious to escape it.

The first time I was given the Meyers Brigg test was when I was working for a small engineering corp. The owner/president's wife was a psychologist - so this was a way for him to throw her some paying work - test his employees. It had soooooo many questions rephrasing the same thing over and over.

I was so frustrated by the test because I felt the answers weren't black and white - I wanted to answer "it depends" to so many of them. I still want to do this - even on dumbed down versions of this test - like the one linked in the OP.

The trend in this poll that screams out to me is the overwhelming dominance of Introverts, 85% (63/74) are I's. It suggests to me that extroverted folks may enjoy the work place and or need the social contact it provides and they may be less anxious to escape it.

It suggests to me extroverted folks don't like staring at anonymous screens and typing on a keyboard taking on-line tests, like I do :D

INTJ again. Used to test INTP quite consistently, J/P is only 7% preference though.

The turbulent thing is new to me. I wish I was more "assertive" though, used to be I think too. My professional training shifted it I guess.

50% so far in this poll while statistically speaking that type is 0.8% of the population. INTP is 11% here and only 3% in the population, so a bit likewise.

I guess this explains why I like this forum so much and find it quite unique.

It was my experience at MegaCorp with Meyers-Briggs and a similar Social Skills tool that when we were told to use these tools to better understand our coworkers to become more productive, the extroverts took it upon themselves to try to change us into extroverts

I have always tested as INTJ, except once when I was interviewing for job for which I knew they were looking for "people people". Didn't end up getting the job, which was probably a good thing.

Do we have the distribution number for that overall population? Otherwise the poll totals don't have a benchmark.

Back
Top Bottom