Please help me pick a Fidelity Mutual Fund

ADJ

Recycles dryer sheets
I have some money invested in microsoft, Kraft Foods and GE that has been going nowhere for several years. I would like to sell and move that into Fidelity mutual funds. Please help me decide.

Have no idea how long it will last but the Contrafund has worked well for my wife for 10 years now.

Check out the Fidelity Freedom Funds.

They are diversified across stocks and bonds. Diversified across many market cap classes and value-growth sectors. Diversified internationally. Diversified across bond maturities.

How could you go wrong with that ?

Hi,

Recently dumped FA and went to FIDO. Was disappointed in the freedom funds, most were only 3 Star from Moringstar. Fidelity Balanced is 5 Star. Track record good. Threw good amount of wife 401K IRA rollover at it. Low turnover, decent bond exposure...

Worth checking it out..

W

Yep I agree with the Spartan index fund. Specially if you dont like to mess with things.

Spanky said:
Spartan Total Market Index Fund

I thought that was closed..........

Or was it Low Priced Stock Fund? That was a tragedy to me when it closed.......... :(

FinanceDude said:

Or was it Low Priced Stock Fund? That was a tragedy to me when it closed.......... :(

Not that I can see. Its just a plain old SP index fund.

if you can buy only 1 fund id go with equity-income or balanced as a second choice

Why limit yourself to Fidelity?

Been in Fidelity's Equity-Income fund. Been doing very well as the largest holdings are Exxon and Bank of America. On the 5 and 10 year it hits just below 10%. Here's the Quick Stats from fidelity's site:

Quick Stats
YTD Return (11/08/2006) 16.32%
30-Day Yield 2 (11/07/2006) 1.58%
NAV (11/08/2006) $59.72
52 Week Low-High $52.11-$59.72
Morningstar Category Large Value
Net Assets ($M) (10/31/2006) 29,076.35

four-in-one index fund is rather appealing

You guys are just the best! Thank you so much for the advice. I now have somewhere to begin. I am always amazed with the generousity of people on the board.

d said:
four-in-one index fund is rather appealing

I bought that a few months ago - it's been doing nicely.

Also have contrafund, low priced stock, and way too much magellan.

FinanceDude said:

Low Priced Stock is closed for new investors. I have a lot of it in my 401K and it has done great.

At least I can access Fidelity's website (from Bangkok) Vanguard has blocked Thailand (maybe all of asia) since Nov 5.

A bit off topic but if you travel much, Fidelity may be the better choice in a mutual fund company...

I'd probably invest some $ in the Spartan Index fund.

Lance

and way too much magellan
tempted to say that any is to much ... a fund who's times has past ... but i won't

d said:
tempted to say that any is to much ... a fund who's times has past ... but i won't

No, you're very correct. I'm just very lazy. Tend to leave things sitting and open more new funds instead. But now that on-line access is so easy, I have no excuse. Thanks for the butt-kick. ;)

d said:

Yeah, I agree.........always thought the fund was just too big and Fidelity was "lazy/greedy" for not closing it. When I wasn't looking it fell and could not get up. Glad I never bought any.

Back
Top Bottom