• 51-55

Votes: 66 18.9%
  • 56-60

Votes: 20 5.7%
  • over 60

Votes: 10 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just joined the club due to a larger than expected inheritance which closed the gap. Like many others, age 42.

That's your call. There are many roads to becoming a two comma guy. (My apologies to Taylor Laramore)

Don't forget there are a few 2 comma gals here too.😉

Anyway, 49. Inheritance pushed me over, but I was close. Would've got there sooner if not for a for a glitch in 2004.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Another explanation for the double peak - as you get into your 40's and 50's you and/or your spouse are more likely to receive an inheritance. Even a smallish inheritance can push your savings over the million dollar mark if you were close already.

At age 48 I went from close to $1m, to double millionaire status after receiving an inheritance. Without the inheritance I would have broken the $1m barrier that year.

Can't remember exactly but between 40-45. Now 57 and over 2M. No inheritance mostly stock that did well and conservative spending.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Age 52. Hit $2 million in mid-2011 at age 58 and the financial crisis started. Now we're close to $3 million. We're at that figure if you count equity in the house.

Two good "bumps": we married and moved from NJ to a LCOL state in 2003 and sold our previous houses, mine in 2003 and DH's in 2004. Most of the equity released went into investments. It also helped that when we moved, we had a lot of money to put into savings so we rode the recovery after the dot-com bust and the 2011 crash.

I was 34 when I was still single. I got married the year after which added another $400K so I was destined to hit this milestone no matter what at 35.

There wasn't a "Don't know" choice. When I lost my job at 51, I added up all my assets. It was safely over $1MM. I probably passed the milestone sometime in my 40's but I can't say when. I'm sure I got a good bump during the 90s.

For the millionaires here, at what age did you first have a net worth of $1M? Many, like me, enjoyed this milestone so much that we passed it several times going both ways. If that is you, list the age when you FIRST passed this milestone.

At 67, still haven't made it. Fortunately, DW is doing a bit better, FIRE'd since age 55.

At 67, still haven't made it. Fortunately, DW is doing a bit better, FIRE'd since age 55.
That's a key point. For a couple is it $1MM each? I've always considered it a single pot and not my share - her share.

At 47 then again at 49. I was 48 in 2008. :) Doubled since then.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

For those of us who began work in the '60's with salaries of four figures, when a million was serious money, it took a while longer.
Bruce

Counting my individual assets, I was 40. If you include my spouse's assets, probably 37.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

first mil 51 , tripled it over the next 12 years

:LOL:
I am still hurt that I was unable to participate in this poll. :(

I shall add a new poll...
At what age did you stop beating your wife/child/parents?

Last edited:
Isn't that three separate polls? Four if you include kicking the dog!

And while we're at it, that is a nice segue into the 'What are your New Years' resolutions?' poll.

46 for me.Then I watched 2008 wipe a bunch out.Rammed everything I had in the 2009 market.Made out very well.Now take a more conservative approach

:LOL:
I am still hurt that I was unable to participate in this poll. :(

I shall add a new poll...
At what age did you stop beating your wife/child/parents?

If you start that poll, don't forget to add pets among the victims of abuse.

Back
Top Bottom