Votes: 19 8.8%
  • $25 million - $50 million

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • $50 million - $100 million

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over $100 million

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
I put the lower options for completeness. But am really mostly interested in how many eight figure, or even nine figure, net worths there are here.

And you will never know with a self-selected poll.

-ERD50

There are now 3 over $100M -- if that is to be believed, or simply poll stuffing.

While it's certainly plausible, given that the average NW here at e-r.org is much higher than the population at large, I tend to doubt it. I don't recall ever having seen a post from someone indicating a NW of that magnitude. Perhaps these $100 millionaires are reluctant to discuss (or hint at) their massive nest eggs... but then, if so, why reply to a poll question about it?

3 People with $100 Million networth .. get out of here .. Fat Fire now :)

I know a couple of very high net worth folks (won the Silicon Valley start up lottery). I'm pretty sure they would have zero interest in most of the discussions on ER.org.

How do I vote in the poll? When I do web view, doesn’t give me an option to vote.

Not sure if I have seen this, how high net worth gets at the upper reaches here. For anonymity purposes, vote without leaving a comment if you prefer. For simplicity, lets not worry about the value of pensions, but only the value of what your estate would be (investable assets, house, etc.). I will include 2 lower rungs so everyone can participate, but I am most curious about the higher end and how far that goes.

Considering that 85% are 'lower rungs' .. that's the big majority of 'everyone' :popcorn:

Last edited:
There are now 3 over $100M -- if that is to be believed, or simply poll stuffing.
We are amongst
the rich and famous. I would like to meet someone that rich!! Nice job to your success in life.

Maybe I need to get back to work. Lol

How do I vote in the poll? When I do web view, doesn’t give me an option to vote.

Log in if you haven't already done so. You may then need to refresh the first page of the thread in your browser to show the poll with your vote enabled.

Our net worth is less than our spending capabilities, due to our pensions.

There are many on this forum with far more in assets than we have, I find everyones contributions to this forum interesting and many great "pearls of wisdom" can be had, no matter how much money, or how little, you have.
One of the greatest has been imoldernu, may he Rest in Peace. A man who's wealth was in his wisdom and willingness to share his frugal living ideas.

While it's certainly plausible, given that the average NW here at e-r.org is much higher than the population at large, I tend to doubt it. I don't recall ever having seen a post from someone indicating a NW of that magnitude. Perhaps these $100 millionaires are reluctant to discuss (or hint at) their massive nest eggs... but then, if so, why reply to a poll question about it?

+1 although I believe there was one poster in the last 6 months who had a NW somewhere around 25 million or was getting there.

Our net worth is less than our spending capabilities, due to our pensions.

There are many on this forum with far more in assets than we have, I find everyones contributions to this forum interesting and many great "pearls of wisdom" can be had, no matter how much money, or how little, you have.
One of the greatest has been imoldernu, may he Rest in Peace. A man who's wealth was in his wisdom and willingness to share his frugal living ideas.
what happened to imoldernu?

His son let us know he had passed away.

It's interesting. I think we've had several members who had pretty darn FAT fires with less than $10M. Multiple houses, first class travel as the minimum level, etc. Some of the ones I remember had pretty FAT pensions, though.

For me, personally, I'd be able to live pretty FAT with $8M or so... and probably with $5M excluding my house. (House is an expense, day to day, not an income generator... but it's in coastal CA so it's a big chunk of my networth as defined by this poll). Since I don't have $5M investible assets - I'll have to settle for my middlin' to slightly overweight FIRE. LOL. I'm not complaining.... life is good even if I do have to budget/make tradeoffs.

Log in if you haven't already done so. You may then need to refresh the first page of the thread in your browser to show the poll with your vote enabled.

Thank you! It worked. Since I am automatically logged in, had no idea I had to log in again to vote. Good tip.

High net worth is not always as great as it's cracked up to be IMHO.

I have a friend who knows two people worth at least a billion. He has served on boards with both of them and been to their homes several times. From the way he describes their lifestyle I don't see anything worth my envy.

My net worth isn't much, but I have excellent pension/SS income that lets me live a "slightly chubby" version of FIRE so I'm more than happy with what I have.

Based on the OP's wording of the poll and the initial post (which I bolded above), the poll question itself is confusing. Are we talking about our current net worth, or what we expect our "future estate" "would be"?
Agree that it could have been clearer. What is my net worth today vs what is my networth (estate) going to be at my projected death based on FIRECalc or some other similar calculator? When one retires at 50 with a decent networth and a LBYM lifestyle, the latter number can get pretty large. Such projections certainly contributed to my packing it in.

Since I don't have $5M investible assets - I'll have to settle for my middlin' to slightly overweight FIRE. LOL.
My net worth isn't much, but I have excellent pension/SS income that lets me live a "slightly chubby" version of FIRE so I'm more than happy with what I have.

Overweight FIRE? Chubby FIRE? I love it. :2funny:

To me, once somebody has all they want or need to live their desired lifestyle, any excess is just fluff. It doesn't matter if I have 1 million or 100 billion, in other words. Either way I'd live the same life. With billions, I'd just have to hire somebody to deal with all the hassle of managing all that money.

I am surprised there’s only 4 people in the first category.

I am surprised there’s only 4 people in the first category.

I suspect certain people are not voting because they may not like the introduction and the way the poll is organized. :cool:

Clearly, from reading the posts over a few years, there are a number of members who have done well with liquid assets under a million. Pair that with a pension and/or SS, and a low to mid- cost-of-living, you're off and running.

I am impressed there is a $25M+ vote. Never saw anyone discuss that kind of wealth on here.

A couple of years ago a Canadian with the screen-name [MOD EDIT] accidentally let slip that he was worth ~$50M, instantly regretted it, tried to undo it, and then disappeared shortly thereafter. When it comes to social media, a certain amount of discretion is advised, especially if you've got a lot to lose. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL!
That poll really has nothing of value for who we are or who we are talking to each day. If wanted to know 8 figure wealth then that could of been accomplished differently.

Street nailed it. I also agree the $1-10M category is too broad.

Back
Top Bottom