Votes: 19 8.8%
  • $25 million - $50 million

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • $50 million - $100 million

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over $100 million

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
A couple of years ago a Canadian with the screen-name XXXX accidentally let slip that he was worth ~$50M, instantly regretted it, tried to undo it, and then disappeared shortly thereafter. When it comes to social media, a certain amount of discretion is advised, especially if you've got a lot to lose. :D

It certainly is.

Which begs the question: why would you post his screen name? It's possible (if not likely) he uses the same screen name in other forums.

Last edited:
Why don’t both of you edit your posts to delete the screen name in case he ever returns.

Why don’t both of you edit your posts to delete the screen name in case he ever returns.

Thank you for that suggestion. I am apparently suffering from fuzzy brain today! :facepalm:

IIRC, he left coz folks were giving him flak for some of his spending, so doubt he will be back.
Nevertheless, good suggestion.

I voted on the category I think my estate will be in when I pass away.

I'm 51 almost 52 now and in a category lower at the moment, but 30 years of compounding plus a probable inheritance would move me up a category.

I'm with W2R though. What I "need" based on 25x spending is about 1/4 of what I have now. Growth from now on plus inheritance is just more hassle / responsibility. First world problems, I know.

Reactions: W2R
There are now 3 over $100M -- if that is to be believed, or simply poll stuffing.
Words just fail me.... As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Attachments

• bs meter.gif
    bs meter.gif
    64.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I can believe the few that voted for 10 to 25m but I suspect most of them are nearer 10 than to 25... Anything above that and why would they be spending any time here, unless its to see how the Peons get by on mere millions.

It certainly is.

Which begs the question: why would you post his screen name? It's possible (if not likely) he uses the same screen name in other forums.

Thank you Calico. If he regretted posting that info - why repeat it - and his screen name.

I can believe the few that voted for 10 to 25m but I suspect most of them are nearer 10 than to 25... Anything above that and why would they be spending any time here, unless its to see how the Peons get by on mere millions.

Why wouldn't they though? It's entirely possible for someone to achieve FI through LBYM (common theme on this forum) and then receive a windfall + some lucky investments returns to propel them to higher end of the bracket <cough> <cough>

For those folks who retired with higher NW, their resources may be greater than the average here so that some of the popular financial moves (e.g. backdoor ROTH, ACA cliff, SSI start date) may not be as applicable, but many of the post-FIRE lifestyle/health issues/concerns discussed here are still quite relevant, and this forum is a great resource for that.

Why wouldn't they though? It's entirely possible for someone to achieve FI through LBYM (common theme on this forum) and then receive a windfall + some lucky investments returns to propel them to higher end of the bracket <cough> <cough>

Just about anything is "possible"!

Pfffft. I see nothing starting with a "b", so why should I vote?

Ridiculous poll. One because of the choices available, and also because it's going to vary a lot depending on whether you have a nice pension and health care, paid off house, cost of living, married vs. single, etc. Basically worthless. lol

3 People with $100 Million networth .. get out of here .. Fat Fire now :)

Well, after you figure in future Zimbabwean-type inflation my current stash could easily be over $100M. Buying power about 1/20th that in todays dollars.

Well, after you figure in future Zimbabwean-type inflation my current stash could easily be over $100M. Buying power about 1/20th that in todays dollars.

Just wait until the end of the year! We might all be considering a move to the Zim dollar. YMMV

Could be those bitcoin zillionaires joining the group.

One thought I have is that many with a net worth over 25 million might be FI, but do not consider themselves RE. They are continuing to work at things they enjoy, and/or feel gives them prestige. I have friends from college in that category. They are "fascinated" (as a compliment) that I am completely retired, they feel they could never do that.

Ridiculous poll. One because of the choices available, and also because it's going to vary a lot depending on whether you have a nice pension and health care, paid off house, cost of living, married vs. single, etc. Basically worthless. lol

This is a simple poll on current Net Worth, if you die tomorrow.
Not intended to have anything to do with healthcare, cost of living, etc...

Just curious, for those of you who believe that several posters here (4 so far on this poll) actually have over $100 million usd NW, do you live in a state that has legalized marijuana?

Last edited:
Based on the OP's wording of the poll and the initial post (which I bolded above), the poll question itself is confusing. Are we talking about our current net worth, or what we expect our "future estate" "would be"?

I also noticed the word future and thought it confusing. I have used Firecalc and have a chance of going into the $10M to $25M bracket, but I have to live a long time and and win the SOR lottery. :dance:

I also noticed the word future and thought it confusing. I have used Firecalc and have a chance of going into the $10M to $25M bracket, but I have to live a long time and and win the SOR lottery. :dance:

Or move to Ohio and get your shots. Well, that's only a$mil so better stick to Oregon. I love their motto "WHEN YOU PLAY, OREGON WINS!" Anyone who thinks differently about ANY lottery is kidding themselves. Of course, if you ARE the winner, YMMV.

Assuming the following:

We had kept working
We had kept saving
The mkt returns 10% annually
We do the above till age 80
Ignore taxes and RMDs

Results NW >$45M

See, that was easy! (Well all except the working till 80 part.)

Last edited:
Or move to Ohio and get your shots. Well, that's only a$mil so better stick to Oregon. I love their motto "WHEN YOU PLAY, OREGON WINS!" Anyone who thinks differently about ANY lottery is kidding themselves. Of course, if you ARE the winner, YMMV.

Not sure if you understood, it was, if I win the 'Sequence Of Return' lottery, i.e. lots of positive market returns in sequence.

+1. I can’t imagine why the folks the OP is interested in would be regulars here. And there’s no doubt some if not all the top poll options are bogus votes…
I put the lower options for completeness. But am really mostly interested in how many eight figure, or even nine figure, net worths there are here.
And rest assured you still don’t know…

Last edited:
Poll options really need to be more granular. Most will fall between 1 and 10, and that's a large range.

Agree - very little info on the users of this site outside of 80% fall into one bucket.

Back
Top Bottom