Portfolio Management

Bikerdude

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A friend of mine has been talking to a representative of Zacks financial management. They have been handling high net worth individuals since about 1997 or so. Their other claim to fame is doing quantitative analysis for large investment firms.

It looks like the program is managed by Zacks but executed by a local brokerage house who handles the trades. Seems like Zacks charges a 1.5% management fee. I’m not sure who picks up the trading costs.

Does anybody have knowledge of this firm or its track record? Has anybody done business with them or know someone that has?

Their portfolios seem to have beaten the S&P500 by a substantial amount over 1,3,5,7 & 10 year periods.

1.5% is a very large fee. Have you looked into Portfolio Solutions? Rick Ferri charges 0.25% yearly.

1.5% is a very large fee.

Oh I agree. I'm doing this for a friend who thinks he may be interested investing with this outfit. I don't have any interest. I'm just trying to find any information that might be available positive or negative.

Oh I agree. I'm doing this for a friend who thinks he may be interested investing with this outfit. I don't have any interest. I'm just trying to find any information that might be available positive or negative.

Plenty of negative in many of the recommended books list here. I'm in the middle of The Successful Investor Today by Swedroe and the first several chapters are devoted to how poorly managed funds perform, and why.

DD

Back
Top Bottom