Portfolio Xray

utrecht

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I used to use T.Rowe Price's site to do an "xray" on my portfolio. I cant remember my screen name and password anymore. I figured Id make a new one but cant seem to remember how I set it all up the first time.

I only see a place to sign up for an actual account...not a way to just register with the site to use the tools.

Can someone give me a hint how to do it please?

Never used it myself, but if you type in a bogus user name you will see a "Forgot Your Password" link. Click on that and you see a "Forgot Your User Name" link.

There is also something called Instant X-Ray: "Members can save portfolios for future analysis from the results page. If you are not a member you will be prompted to register during the save process. Membership is free."

Think I'll try this sometime.

I cant even find a place to enter a portfolio any more. I cant find the "instant Xray" either.

When I click the "I forgot my username" it asks for real account info..SSN ect.

Maybe they dont have the free tools anymore?

Wasn't able to get the free sign-up to work.
-> www.troweprice.com
-> Individual Investors -> Already An Investor
-> Investment Guidance And Tools
-> Tools And Calculators
-> Investment Planning Tools ... about halfway down the first screens worth of the page you will see a box labeled 'Investment Tools". The second link in that box is Portfolio X-Ray. The fifth link is Instant X-Ray. You probably want Instant X-Ray.
After you click on Instant X-Ray you will see a page where you enter the ticker symbols and value of the funds that you want to Instant X-Ray. Enter the tickers and values (or percentages) then click the "Show Instant X-Ray" button at the bottom of the page. The answer page shows the X-Ray (it is quite interesting -- looks like a style box that shows the percentages of your portfolio that lands in each of the nine boxes). Just above the style box is a "Save Instant X-Ray Holdings As a Portfolio" button.

Spent a few minutes with it and I was not able to create an account like it said I would be able to.

If you like their tools it might be worth opening an account with $0.01. A while back Fido cut me off from some of their tools after I closed an account there. The rep told me I could restore access to the tools by opening a brokerage account with $0.01.

Back
Top Bottom