Positive Outlook Going in 2020

I don't read the Times. Most of the MSM has hoped for a recession the last two years.

I’m following my plan and rebalancing this year end. After a big run up, it’s a bit painful tax wise, but I’d rather return to my planned risk profile.

+ 1 on rebalancing to my plan. Jan 2 will be a busy day for me. I always wait to sell winners for rebalancing after year end so no taxes due till April of following year.

I think fear of recession need not be a large consideration from an investing perspective, assuming you are adhering to an AA.

I rebalance tactically as part of ongoing cultivation, thinning and pruning, kind of like tending the garden. I do so in my deferred accounts so there is no tax trigger.

But year end is always good for assessing things and reflection.

+ 1 on rebalancing to my plan. Jan 2 will be a busy day for me. I always wait to sell winners for rebalancing after year end so no taxes due till April of following year.

I decided to do some of it this month because we already crossed an IRMAA threshold, and might as well pull more income into this year.

Given it’s in no one’s best interest to have any pain whatsoever, I predict the black helicopters will continue to drop money from the sky... [emoji51]

Back
Top Bottom