posting time?

getoutearly

Recycles dryer sheets
Just out of curiosity, how much time do the bigger posters on this forum spend in front of a computer each day?

Don't get me wrong, it's much appreciated (great info), but my eyes get blurry after a while...

I spend 8-9 hours in front of 3 computers at work, then at home, I read newspapers and articles on a wireless laptop while watching TV for about 4 additional hours each day.

getoutearly said:
Just out of curiosity, how much time do the bigger posters on this forum spend in front of a computer each day?

Don't get me wrong, it's much appreciated (great info), but my eyes get blurry after a while...

60 hours a week. Yay. I'm not a big poster though :)

getoutearly said:
2-3 hours/day over one long early-morning session and a couple of shorter ones later in the day.

Its currenly sitting in the kitchen between the stove and the sink. Three meals a day for three people, and six cats and dogs to feed, etc. So all day for a minute or two at a time. Big chunk in the morning after the wife leaves for work and before the baby wakes up.

Generally a 2 hour session in the morning after breakfast and reading the paper. Maybe one hour is spent on this site. The rest on various sites that I visit daily. I may come back here briefly several times during the day to catch up on threads that are of interest.

Grumpy

Hmmm

Turn it on for the dog's first whiz in the morning and turn it off after his last trip in the evening before I go to bed. Post when I'm in the mood.

heh heh heh heh - more often in the morning - although not always.

Hard for me to tell. I am a person that has a hard time sitting still. Probably picked the wrong career. :( If I am working a particular day, I go in early, turn on the computer and it stays on for as long as I am at work. I work a little. I pace around the office. I check email. I call someone or someone calls me. I check this board. I work . I pace. I work. I check some other internet site. I pace. I go to the bathroom. I call someone. I work. I check this board. etc.

I really not a nervous person. :duh:

Martha said:
Hard for me to tell.  I am a person that has a hard time sitting still.  Probably picked the wrong career.  :( 

You can change any time! We could study together :LOL:

davew894 said:
It seems like TH and MRGALT post all day long, with the hopes of outdoing each other on the stats pages.  Current winner... MRGALT at 7,159 posts.  :eek:

It may "seem" that way, but it's way off. Even when I am posting a lot, I spend little time here. I type and think very fast and I just let the prose flow. Anyway, it's not a competition to me (I have no competition) :)
th-()-cute fuzzy bunny will regain the "crown" shortly as I am still
in Texas................
stayin' warm, fishing, boating and socializing. BTW, it is absolutely gorgeous here today.
All you shivering Yankees; eat your heart out! :)

JG

Martha said:
Hard for me to tell.  I am a person that has a hard time sitting still.  Probably picked the wrong career.  :(  If I am working a particular day, I go in early, turn on the computer and it stays on for as long as I am at work.  I work a little.  I pace around the office.   I check email.  I call someone or someone calls me.  I check this board. I work .  I pace.  I work. I check some other internet site. I pace. I go to the bathroom.  I call someone.  I work.  I check this board. etc. 

I really not a nervous person.   :duh:

I feel your pain. :) When I was working I was a perpetual motion machine.
In early, out late, traveling and doing "deals" 24/7. When I was at home, I was thinking
about business a lot of the time. Maybe surprising my first marriage lasted as long as it
did. :)

JG

unclemick2 said:
Hmmm

Turn it on for the dog's first whiz in the morning and turn it off after his last trip in the evening before I go to bed. Post when I'm in the mood.

heh heh heh heh - more often in the morning - although not always.

And I'll bet you never pick up any doggie deposits either. :)

JG

Take note of posts 10, 11, and 12 from JG, and you'll see how little time it takes to compose many posts, and how JG got such a high post count.

On a different note, I usually spend ~10-11 hrs/day on weekdays on a computer at work or at home. Weekends - rarely any.

I check in at work occasionally when I need a break and sometimes during lunch when I eat at my desk. Usually when I get done for the day, I'll stop by this site before going home. I may read a little on here at night if I'm on the computer.

Now I'm going home!

davew894 said:
It seems like TH and MRGALT post all day long, with the hopes of outdoing each other on the stats pages. Current winner... MRGALT at 7,159 posts. :eek:

Beats the crap out of whining all day.

According to my chores list already done and to do, the composer of the list would disagree with your thinking.

My computers and I have melded. Soon, they will no longer need me and will post here on their own.

Not a big poster but spend close to 10 hours per day on the computer.

Back
Top Bottom