Pre-retirement investing

rw86347

Recycles dryer sheets
I resently read the book "Work Less, Live More". I love it!

It seemed from reading the book that his investment strategies applied more to the already retired. I have generally leaned towards growth stocks. I have figured that if the ecconomy tanks I will simply save for 5 more years. (I am young)

Well today I deceided to fire my money manager. Over the past calendar year he has accumulated 7%. I think that sucks! I was planning on moving my money to my 4 favorite mutual funds (mostly growth).

Should I consider something more like the strategy in W.L.L.M.?

rw86347 said:
I resently read the book "Work Less, Live More". I love it!

It seemed from reading the book that his investment strategies applied more to the already retired. I have generally leaned towards growth stocks. I have figured that if the ecconomy tanks I will simply save for 5 more years. (I am young)

Well today I deceided to fire my money manager. Over the past calendar year he has accumulated 7%. I think that sucks! I was planning on moving my money to my 4 favorite mutual funds (mostly growth).

Should I consider something more like the strategy in W.L.L.M.?

There's lots of advice wrt allocation, but for what its worth I think moving your money to Vanguard and putting it into a few passively
managed funds is hard to beat. I keep 70% of funds in stocks (US, international and a REIT) and 30% in a bond fund and a money market.

Back
Top Bottom