Prescription Drugs from Canada

F

fln

I recently switched from a health insurance plan that provides a decent coverage of prescription drugs to one that does not. I checked out some of the on-line sites for ordering from Canada and the cost for the one that I'm on is about 1/3 that of the local U.S. pharmacies.

Being new to the condition as well as a plan that does not provide a good percentage of the cost, I wonder if anyone has any experiences with the pros and cons of ordering drugs from Canada? I'm going to do some more research but thought I would ask for feedbacks from real life experiences. Websites and/or reliable companies information would also be appreciated.

We Er'd in 2003 at 44 and 45. We are on high cholesterol and high blood pressure drugs.

Interestingly, we found that the drugs from Canada are about 40% less than U.S. prices. However, we are on a AFL-CIO health savings account, and save about 40% off generic drugs in the U.S.

So, the point is, generics are much cheaper in U.S. and patent-protected drugs are cheaper in Canada than in the U.S.

For now.

Merck is restricting drugs to Canada for U.S. folks.

Sparky

We checked several sites - found a good one at SmartChoicePharmacy.com.

I have been buying my BC pills from Thailand for years. I was using these pills in Europe but I can't get them here (and I don't believe that they are not "safe" according to the FDA). I don't believe in the big scare of this administration that anything from across the border is not safe. There may be a few types of meds that you have to be careful with but in many other parts of the world medical care/drugs are at least as good as here.

I used several websites and never had any problems. The advantage with Thailand is that you can buy anything without a prescription. I have excellent insurance coverage through work but the copay is still way higher than what I am paying myself and I don't have to bother with the paperwork. Another advantage has been that I can buy 6 months supply or more instead of only 1-2 months at a time through the regular insurance route.

Make sure to use a secure site that has been out there for a while. Worst case scenario is that you have a credit card dispute.

The fact is that virtually all drugs from Canada are precisely the same as those that exist in USA. Same companies and same drugs. I am a Canadian and have worked both sides of the border. Difference is that Canada won't let the drug companies rip off the public to the same degree as permitted in USA. Trust your government for ripping you off. All the fearmongering is from people with their own agendas.

Back
Top Bottom