Problems with VA online tax submission

RetireBy90

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My son and I did his income taxes together this year, and since I have TT did the efile for federal taxes, then went to the VA state site to see about doing his state taxes, as TT wanted like $20 to efile his return. So, did the efile by entering all his info again for VA but it got rejected 2 times. After a call to the state tax number turns out they show no witholding for state taxes. His W2 clearly shows the $$ witheld.

So, they sent me back to use another of the companies that provide free efile for VA. Just finished submitting 2nd time.

Have others had similiar problems with Virginia state taxes?

Here is the discription of the problem they emailed to him - I did the underline not VA.

The Virginia return was rejected for electronic filing because it failed to meet the following validation:
The total VA income tax withheld must equal the sum of what is shown on the Forms W-2 and/or W-2G and/or 1099-R and/or 1099-MISC and/or Form VK-1 for state tax withheld when the state name listed is VA.
Invalid Byte count or field type/size. Record could not be processed or formatted correctly.

Back
Top Bottom