Question on the limits and ethics of financial liability

(a) I want Gumby to be my executor.

(b) Is it possible a contract for the nursing home or any other contract could have a clause that the contract isn't subject to the probate time limits? Just curious.

Thanks you for your responses.

The estate is in probate and has an attorney, so it is not likely to find itself in non-compliance. My guess is the billing agent at the rehab facility laughed because their customer billing is subsequent to Medicare, that is probably still in process and can take a while. Not sarcastic, not appropriate for the occasion, but also not our problem. Knowing the individuals involved, I do not believe the heirs will be critical of any choice made as long as the law is followed, and they will probably not even be aware of this situation or have any desire to get involved.

Reasonable people can disagree on which choice is better. The law is clear and precise, and as Gumby pointed out so eloquently, indicates what the executor must do. I sent my brother a link to this page for him to browse. If he forwards me any additional questions I’ll post.

Back
Top Bottom