We're seeing a financial advisor (fee only) next month. We last went to one in 2002; seems like a lifetime ago. His projections didn't exactly pan out, to say the least, but we've done ok. Now that I'm retired & DW will be by this time next year, I want to get someone's perspective on some issues.
Here's my list so far:
1. Asset class allocation by account: what should be where?
- Questions for a Financial Adviser
2. Diversity/correlation of current holdings: too much overlap?
3. Convert IRA’s?
4. Investment tax management: maximize efficiency now and with respect to RMD’s
5. Should DW continue 403b contribution (currently $X/yr) until retirement, or start building cash?
6. Soc. Sec. strategy?
7. Health insurance & Medicare plan options?
8. SWR, methods & strategies, e.g. dividends only, “buckets”?
9. RMD strategy
10. Should we consider an annuity? What type?
11. LTC insurance recommendation
12. Charitable plans & implementation: options?
13. Own or rent primary residence?
(Sorry about the obnoxious font, couldn't figure out how to fix it.)
Can you think of other questions we might want/need to discuss?