Quicken 2016 and TurboTax 2015 Download

Does anyone know if Vanguard will be offering TurboTax 2015 downloads for Flagship customers? I can't find anything about it on their website.

Thanks.

Does anyone know if Vanguard will be offering TurboTax 2015 downloads for Flagship customers? I can't find anything about it on their website.

Thanks.

Nope. Not anymore. That's why many folks here are looking for another option post Vanguard :blush:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn! Thanks for the info.

I guess I'll buy tax software this year as I don't have accounts at Fidelity or TRPrice. :-(

You better throw out your smart phone and cut your internet cord...

There are hackers everywhere you go. Even factory purchased software has been known to have a virus. The ACA sites had poor security, and have many retailers.

It's a risk no matter what. You have to make a calculated choice, monitor your financial matters, and have some plan if something happens.
Nevertheless, I am very careful not to download software from anyone but my most trusted sites. I think this considerably lessens my chances of virus infection and malware.

There is a big difference between entering data on an internet site (where I know what data I have supplied) or giving retailers access to credit card info, and having software running on my machine giving it access to personal financial data without my knowing.

I even have concerns about Intuit. I don't think they have shown themselves to be a company that takes customer security sufficiently seriously and have been too generous in making it easy for tax fraudsters. I don't think they are organized crime, but they get too close to the edge for me. Are they vulnerable to a third party adding malware to their official products? Recently I have wondered. They got a couple of black eyes this year with respect to tax fraud, so maybe they'll clean up their act in the interest of better publicity.

I didn't like last year that Turbotax could no longer be run off-line and printed without going back to Intuit's servers. The only saving grace was that the mechanism supposedly used the same engine and safeguards as the eFile process itself - so it was essentially no different than eFiling which I was already doing.

Last edited:
Darn! Thanks for the info.

I guess I'll buy tax software this year as I don't have accounts at Fidelity or TRPrice. :-(

You're welcome. Same here. Since I'm in no rush to file my taxes, I'll wait til around late Jan/Feb or so to see if the price of TT drops.

Last edited by a moderator:
You better throw out your smart phone and cut your internet cord....

It's a risk no matter what....

Not at all. IMHO, there's a huge difference in risk between normal, safe use of the internet and smartphone for everyday tasks versus purchasing financial software on a highly-suspicious website and then voluntarily supplying it with your most sensitive personal and financial information. This is an easily avoidable risk.

Just bought TT Deluxe CD with 5 Fed eFiles & 1 State via download (State eFile extra) at Costco for $39.85. $10-15 discount depending on version ($10 on Dlx) from 12/29 thru 1/24 at a store or online. Best deal I could find...

Just bought TT Deluxe CD with 5 Fed eFiles & 1 State via download (State eFile extra) at Costco for $39.85. $10-15 discount depending on version ($10 on Dlx) from 12/29 thru 1/24 at a store or online. Best deal I could find...

I bought the premium version at Costco yesterday for $55. That was the same price as Amazon, so I figured it's the best price I'm going to find.

I tried other tax products last year, but I have ESPP shares that I need to deal with and TT handles this the best. From what I recall, support for ESPP was non-existent in H&R Block's tax software. That's also why I need the premium version.

rogomax.com

...I do believe that if it was pirated software, Intuit would have shut it down by now...

I see no Intuit products on their website. Maybe it just took Intuit a while. And the scamadviser rating was changed to 83%.

I'm holding off with Quicken 2016 until I hear a more consistent "They've finally worked out the problems" message. I "helped" QA Quicken 2013 and I'd rather not do QA for Quicken 2016.

I installed Quicken 2016 and am not happy. Really a poor effort IMHO. I had used Quicken over 10 years ago and made the switch to MM Money back then. Bought a new laptop in December with Win 10 and at first couldn't get MM (sunset a few years ago) to work so broke down and downloaded Quicken from Amazon. The good news is that I have since figured out how to get MM to work with Win10. The bad news is that I can't get a refund for Quicken 2016.

I have since installed Quicken 2016 and I'm pretty much pleased at this point. There are a few small issues, but nothing compared to the problems encountered when I installed Quicken 2013. I don't really see anything new or different enough to get excited about, but being able to retain the ability to have transactions automatically downloaded from banks, credit cards, brokerages, and 401k plans is golden.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom